Acura TSX Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Need some opinions on spring rates. I am ordering some BC Racing Coilovers and the spring rate (10k/6k) I want is on backorder for a bit. I believe I can get 12k/8k in a shorter amount of time but does anyone think this is too stiff for the streets?

It is going on my daily driver but I don't want to have a race car on the street. I need a tight suspension with great response but with the ability to soak up bumps if needed.

·
Premium Member
3,260 Posts
I have 18k/16k and its pretty solid. People think its crazy stiff but I don't think so at all.. maybe i've been driving cars with stiff suspensions since when i bought my first car. Anyways, I take my car to GMR (canyon) and it handles great! Especially /w my underbraces and rear sway bar.

·
Registered
3,428 Posts
12k isn't a big increase. That is pretty much on point where most coilover for TSX come in. If you can wait, I would go with the 10k. It will feel perfect for DD and enough for canyon runs. 12k will just be a tad more stiff, but won't help on the street. The difference would be felt more on a Track where usually high rates like 18k work amazing.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Best Spring rate if your not tracking the car and just want something Firmer for the road id say Either 12k 10k front with 8k rear. Still soft enough you dont get bounced out your seat if you hit a bump. At the same time firm enough you dont get much Body Roll if you take a fast turn.

·
....its fate....
1,276 Posts
Yeah I agree. Going 2k higher front and rear won't be a bit difference. Besides spring rates, shocks and the quality/design plays also a big role to determine the handling and comfort characteristics.
I had tein ss with 10/6 rates then changed to flex with 14/8. Handling was definitely a gain, comfort was only noticeable with bumpy uneven roads and in particular short speed humps. I was quite hesitant with the flex for comfort factors, but to my pleasant surprise its been great. Regret not going mono flex now that I've had the flex.
My brother has n+ with 11/4 but.when set half way, felt quite similar to my flex.
Thus, I say stick with the higher spring rates. Won't be a big difference IMO. Worst case, change the springs later to the lower spring rates if it really bothers.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts