Acura TSX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have some common knowledge but a Noobie still. I plan on upgrading to lowering springs ( H&R springs) for my 09 tsx. I was wondering if anyone can point me in the correct direction. Should I install the springs first then measure for wheel fitment or wheels first then find proper springs based on the wheels I purchased. Ideally I want to run 19s x 8 or 8.5 now when it comes to offset I kinda get confused. I just want to be pointed in the right direction any articles , post already on this topic or advice anyone has. Hope I was specific enough.

·
, Admin, Marketplace
2,147,483,655 Posts
I think 8.5 would be a good one to go with but I would not go any lower than a 35mm offset unless you want to get into rolling fenders and all of that. I was running a 18"X 8.5 with a 35mm offset with no issues with lowering springs.

You could probably get away with a 30mm offset with out rolling the fenders but IMO you would be close.

Wheels will change the look of the car the most but I would do springs first to get rid of the wheel gap. And also remember once you lower it you should look into getting at least a rear camber kit to help with tire wear.

Good luck :)

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I think 8.5 would be a good one to go with but I would not go any lower than a 35mm offset unless you want to get into rolling fenders and all of that. I was running a 18"X 8.5 with a 35mm offset with no issues with lowering springs.

You could probably get away with a 30mm offset with out rolling the fenders but IMO you would be close.

Wheels will change the look of the car the most but I would do springs first to get rid of the wheel gap. And also remember once you lower it you should look into getting at least a rear camber kit to help with tire wear.

Good luck :)
Okay cool that's great my object is just that get of the wheel gap. So I'm going to definitely go with 8.5 and 35mm offset. I'm not ready for fender work just yet and I rather invest in coilovers eventually that way if I go lower I can adjust the height and ride accordingly. I wanna do this the right way.

Definitely will purchase a camber kit ...any recommendations of brands or any one will suffice ?

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Springs first....4x4 TSXs don't look that good (contrary to popular belief). Also, swapping wheels in and out are easier than swapping suspension in and out.
Yes I've witness this for myself on older 1st gen tsx and it's a horrible thing lol . Just want to make sure I was going in the right direction. I rather swap wheels then suspension. Components.

Thanks for the feed back :thumbup::)

·
, Admin, Marketplace
2,147,483,655 Posts
Okay cool that's great my object is just that get of the wheel gap. So I'm going to definitely go with 8.5 and 35mm offset. I'm not ready for fender work just yet and I rather invest in coilovers eventually that way if I go lower I can adjust the height and ride accordingly. I wanna do this the right way.

Definitely will purchase a camber kit ...any recommendations of brands or any one will suffice ?
SPC or ingalls camber kit should do you right ! Our site sponsor heeltoe sells them :)

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Definetely get the suspension first. A lowered car on stock wheels looks way better than a stock car with aftermarket wheels
Yeah I've seen some pics and I like the way the car looks compare to stock. So springs is going to be my first mod now that I got good feedback from you all.

·
, Admin, Marketplace
2,147,483,655 Posts
Can't wait to see the pics. TE37's clean.
Yep me to ! I bough new decals from Japan for them and I have brand new tires for them to. And some extended r40 neo chrome lug nuts to top them off :)

·
, Admin, Marketplace
2,147,483,655 Posts
Yeah seen the neo ones it's coming together nicely. Preparing for any events soon ?
No just like to mod my car but I do plan on going to some events this year. Not to compete just to go and hang out with the locals :)

·
Triple Platinum Member
603 Posts
Yes I've witness this for myself on older 1st gen tsx and it's a horrible thing lol . Just want to make sure I was going in the right direction. I rather swap wheels then suspension. Components.

Thanks for the feed back :thumbup::)
If you don't like swapping suspension components, then do yourself a favor and save up for a matched set of springs/dampers or a coilover kit. Marcus (Heeltoe) has some nice offerings.

If you cheap out now, the mismatch between the dampers and springs will just be more pronounced when you have less sidewall and you move the heaviest part of the wheel farther from the wheel center.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.