Acura TSX Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
, Admin, Marketplace
2,147,483,659 Posts
I think 8.5 would be a good one to go with but I would not go any lower than a 35mm offset unless you want to get into rolling fenders and all of that. I was running a 18"X 8.5 with a 35mm offset with no issues with lowering springs.

You could probably get away with a 30mm offset with out rolling the fenders but IMO you would be close.

Wheels will change the look of the car the most but I would do springs first to get rid of the wheel gap. And also remember once you lower it you should look into getting at least a rear camber kit to help with tire wear.

Good luck :)

·
, Admin, Marketplace
2,147,483,659 Posts
Okay cool that's great my object is just that get of the wheel gap. So I'm going to definitely go with 8.5 and 35mm offset. I'm not ready for fender work just yet and I rather invest in coilovers eventually that way if I go lower I can adjust the height and ride accordingly. I wanna do this the right way.

Definitely will purchase a camber kit ...any recommendations of brands or any one will suffice ?
SPC or ingalls camber kit should do you right ! Our site sponsor heeltoe sells them :)

·
, Admin, Marketplace
2,147,483,659 Posts
Definitely check those out. Heeltoe seems to be the go to site so I'm just going to order it from there. Thanks for the feed back.
:tu2:

·
, Admin, Marketplace
2,147,483,659 Posts
Oh nice car by way checkout some of your build thread.
Thanks I am taking the TE37's in this Saturday to get them fixed and powder coated :tu2:

·
, Admin, Marketplace
2,147,483,659 Posts
Can't wait to see the pics. TE37's clean.
Yep me to ! I bough new decals from Japan for them and I have brand new tires for them to. And some extended r40 neo chrome lug nuts to top them off :)

·
, Admin, Marketplace
2,147,483,659 Posts
Yeah seen the neo ones it's coming together nicely. Preparing for any events soon ?
No just like to mod my car but I do plan on going to some events this year. Not to compete just to go and hang out with the locals :)

·
, Admin, Marketplace
2,147,483,659 Posts
You mentioned getting a camber kit to help with tire wear. Is that the only benefit? What might tire wear look like w/o a camber kit?
Inside or outside tire wear, uneven tread wear a cross the tire and always having to buy new tires. I am sure having your car properly adjusted will make it drive better too.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.