Acura TSX Forum banner
21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
If you don't like swapping suspension components, then do yourself a favor and save up for a matched set of springs/dampers or a coilover kit. Marcus (Heeltoe) has some nice offerings.

If you cheap out now, the mismatch between the dampers and springs will just be more pronounced when you have less sidewall and you move the heaviest part of the wheel farther from the wheel center.
I've read both sides about springs on stock shocks & struts ..some say they have no issues then some say eventually they will fail with lowering springs. I know most people run koni yellow with lowering springs. I'm not so much looking to be cheap you get what you pay for. If it worth more to wait and just get coilovers I don't mind doing that. Overall this will be a daily driver (work , school , weekend driving) or spirited driving. Overall I want to go for a flushed look.

·
Premium Member
7 Posts
Camber kits

I think 8.5 would be a good one to go with but I would not go any lower than a 35mm offset unless you want to get into rolling fenders and all of that. I was running a 18"X 8.5 with a 35mm offset with no issues with lowering springs.

You could probably get away with a 30mm offset with out rolling the fenders but IMO you would be close.

Wheels will change the look of the car the most but I would do springs first to get rid of the wheel gap. And also remember once you lower it you should look into getting at least a rear camber kit to help with tire wear.

Good luck :)
You mentioned getting a camber kit to help with tire wear. Is that the only benefit? What might tire wear look like w/o a camber kit?

·
, Admin, Marketplace
2,147,483,655 Posts
You mentioned getting a camber kit to help with tire wear. Is that the only benefit? What might tire wear look like w/o a camber kit?
Inside or outside tire wear, uneven tread wear a cross the tire and always having to buy new tires. I am sure having your car properly adjusted will make it drive better too.

21 - 24 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.