Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok.. 2 things:

1. My new 17" rims have an offset of +45.. i need to correct it and bring it to spec of +55.. what is involved?

2. I only want a 1" drop.. so how about a list of recommended springs based on that? I've had eibach before and they were great.. any other ones?

Thanks!

·
Registered
180 Posts
1. If your rim is between 7" to 8", you should be OK with a +45 offset. No need to try to match the stock +55 offset.

If you still want to get to a +55 offset, you really can't do it easily because to do so, you will need to find a machine shop carefully shave off 5 mm from the back side of the rim which attaches to the hub. This may affect the structural integrity of the rim.

2. If you are looking at a 1" drop, your options are:
A-Spec suspension - 1" drop all around (includes springs, shocks, upper mt)
Mugen suspension - about 1" drop all around (includes springs, shocks, upper mt)
Comptech 110-155 springs (about 1"-1 1/8" drop)
H&R Sport (about 1 1/4" drop)
Tein H-Tech springs (about 1.1" F and .7" R drop)

or you could resort to any of the various adjustable coilover suspension systems from Tein, Buddy Club, Tanabe, H&R, etc. which will all allow you to adjust your car to about 1" lower than stock.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Acura604 said:
ok.. 2 things:

1. My new 17" rims have an offset of +45.. i need to correct it and bring it to spec of +55.. what is involved?

2. I only want a 1" drop.. so how about a list of recommended springs based on that? I've had eibach before and they were great.. any other ones?

Thanks!
It depends on the width of your 17" wheels.
If 7.5" wide you need 55- 6.3 mm. 48 is perfect. 45 will work fine.
If 8" wheel you need 55 - 12.7 mm = 42 offset. 40 will work fine

·
, Moderator Emeritus
1,514 Posts
TSXTuner said:
It depends on the width of your 17" wheels.
If 7.5" wide you need 55- 6.3 mm. 48 is perfect. 45 will work fine.
If 8" wheel you need 55 - 12.7 mm = 42 offset. 40 will work fine
In general, this is the correct way to compensate for offset.

However, the TSX is a fairly unique vehicle when it comes to aftermarket rims. what you choose is going to depend a lot on what look you're after.

The stock offset wheels, at 7" 55 offset, not only stick well inside the fenders(especially when lowered), but also leave a lot of room inside the wheelwell. Acura makes the TSX A-Spec wheel in a 7.5" 55 offset, and there's enough room inside to run an 8" wide rim with a 48 offset; I'd bet you could go to 50.

In my opinion, you have to be pretty low to get away with a 8" 40 offset, unless you like the look of the tires outside the fender.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts