Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i dont know i'm the only one here exeriencing brake problems but everytime i step on the brakes, they squeak. it mostly happens when i'm slowing down from a moderate speed...city driving speed.
it really annoys me especially since its a brand new car. apparently its because the brakepads are glazed over. the workshop has sandpapered it down but the noise is back again. does anyone know wut i can do about this?

cheers

·
, Moderator Emeritus
1,003 Posts
You normally hear about squeaky brake problems on Hondas, Toyotas and most Asian cars when they replace the brakes with none OEM pads. This is the first I've heard of any new car having this problem? :confused:

·
Just a little nutty
664 Posts
Only time my brakes squeak is when I apply the brakes after a rain storm and a thin layer of rust gathers on the brakes (normal). Usually a couple stops eliminate the problem.

Warped rotors are also common problem (somewhat) on the TSX but I don't think this is your case. Let us know what your dealer says.

·
Registered
1,497 Posts
Hey freshracer, I had a squeaky brake issue for the 1st month or so of my car's life. It would squeak only at very slow speeds, such as in city traffic, and it was REALLY annoying. I'm happy to say that I haven't heard it in months - maybe you'll be lucky.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I had the squeeking noises on my brakes, sounded like the rear ones, so i took the car in and they relpaced the pads on the rear, then about 2 months later started to squeek again, i took it back and they replaced all the pads (front and back) all this under warranty, i would say the service has been great.

·
Im Rick James B1tch!!!
345 Posts
i have that problem, i took the car then did something and said some noise was normal but it still does it, i would not worry too too much

·
Registered
119 Posts
How many miles does the car have? Can you tell if the fronts or the rears are squeaking? If you have 40-60K miles it is likely brake wear and the wear indicators are making the noise. Get it checked and fixed quick you do not want the disks damaged.

·
Registered
332 Posts
My fronts squeak under moderate braking, but only when the speed falls under 10 kph. I have 15,000 km on the car and will have the dealer check them on the next service.

·
, Moderator Emeritus
1,344 Posts
mine ALWAYS squeak when I first start driving. It's annoying as hell squeaking my way down the parking ramp and pulling up to the pay booth. :(
It usually goes away after a few normal stops.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
tony4311 said:
mine ALWAYS squeak when I first start driving. It's annoying as hell squeaking my way down the parking ramp and pulling up to the pay booth. :(
It usually goes away after a few normal stops.
Mine are the same way... is there any cure other than taking the time to go bug the dealership?

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
Mine never squeeked... maybe i was just lucky.. wrong section btw for future notice.

·
Registered
350 Posts
Whatchamacallit said:
Only time my brakes squeak is when I apply the brakes after a rain storm and a thin layer of rust gathers on the brakes (normal). Usually a couple stops eliminate the problem.

Warped rotors are also common problem (somewhat) on the TSX but I don't think this is your case. Let us know what your dealer says.
Yup, i observe the same with my TSX. It squeaks only during the early morning drive out of my garage, or after some rust has built up around the brake pads and rotor contact area.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts