Acura TSX Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, so my 04 is getting squeaky. The noise is coming from the passenger side. I pulled the boot down on the lower ball joint and fired some lube in there, still squeaks, but it's coming from right behind the brake disc area.

It only squeaks when slowly turning the wheels left or right, but the squeaking stops on complete turns, just short turns. Also, the car squeaks constantly while driving, just from the small bumps in the road.

Here's a video of the sound
Mystery Squeak - YouTube

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah you never know. I just read a post on *********, a dude with a CL-S uploaded a recording of the exact same squeak, and after replacing a few things, he finally notices a pebble that's lodged in between something and the tie rod (didnt explain it very well). So it could very well be something simple like that.

·
, Regional Meet Leader, Chicago
1,706 Posts
What's your suspension, brake set up?
Have you checked uc, compliance bushings, end links?

you really haven't given much info here to help you out...

Censoring lol clearly you haven't been on the forums very long... The other club started it and they've also recently changed their urls to something more similar to this forums (a little shady imo). Also it has nothing to do with being selfish, its called ad revenue needed to keep the forum up and running...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Registered
1 Posts
I had the same problem 2005 TSX. I ended up replacing ball joints, struts, control arms and still did not fix the squeak. Finally took the front bumper off (surprisingly really easy since it snaps on and off 5 mins tops) Started looking around and notice rust between two metal parts. This is what causes the squeaks - the tie down eye was pushed up until it touched another flat piece of metal and then vibrates to make squeaking sound. So grabbed screw driver and wedged it between the metal and turned so the two metals parts don't touch. The tie down eyes was used during importing so its really easy to find under the car. What caused it to bend up is when you pull up to car stops it bumps under the car pushing it upward. Somehow you may be able to pull the tie eye downward (1/8 inch) from under the car without removing the bumper. Squeak instantly gone. I hope this help and saves you from spending money replacing unneeded parts.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.