Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My car has had this issue since I bought it CPO in '07. It's an 06. Basically, the springs in the seat back of the driver's seat (the area above the lumbar support) creak and squeak pretty loudly as you get into the seat or out of it, or if you move your back on it at all. It's pretty annoying, and it's definitely not normal because the passenger front seat is completely silent. I know that I could probably take off the back of the seat and spray the springs to make the squeak subside for a time, but I don't think that's a permanent fix. I'm still under warranty, but I really don't want them to have to replace the entire seat. Perhaps they can just replace the springs from the back. Anyone have experience with this issue?

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i think they'd replace the rails..not the entire seat. I say take it in.
Why would they replace the rails? It's the springs in the seat back that are making the noise. It's the vertical part of the seat. No the base.

·
Registered
2,790 Posts
oh damn. Sorry.

I had an issue with my seat that was moving slightly when I sat in it. There was no audible sound..As far as I remember..rails were changed under warranty and it was a common problem

·
Registered
24 Posts
My seat does the same thing. I found it was the leather rubbing aginst plastic on the bottom of the seat, where the controls are.

·
Registered
667 Posts
I had a similar problem. I corrected it myself. On the back of the drivers seat there's a plastic panel and if you pull it away from the seat you can look down and see a number of wires back there. I noticed that 2 wires were rubbing together and causing the sound so I sprayed some lubricant on the place they contact and the noise has been gone for months without re-occurring. You might have the same issue. The sound was coming from the lumbar support area whenever you put pressure on it.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I had a similar problem. I corrected it myself. On the back of the drivers seat there's a plastic panel and if you pull it away from the seat you can look down and see a number of wires back there. I noticed that 2 wires were rubbing together and causing the sound so I sprayed some lubricant on the place they contact and the noise has been gone for months without re-occurring. You might have the same issue. The sound was coming from the lumbar support area whenever you put pressure on it.
How did you take the back plastic panel of the seat off? It seems pretty solid, and the helms manual doesn't give a good description of the removal process. Does it slide down or up? I'm pretty sure I'm hearing the springs since the sound is up towards the upper half of the seat near where your shoulders would rest just below the head rest.

·
Registered
667 Posts
How did you take the back plastic panel of the seat off? It seems pretty solid, and the helms manual doesn't give a good description of the removal process. Does it slide down or up? I'm pretty sure I'm hearing the springs since the sound is up towards the upper half of the seat near where your shoulders would rest just below the head rest.
I didn't fully remove it, in fact I think I just used force to pull it away far enough to see what I was working on inside the seat. I used a lubrication with a long plastic nose that could reach down into the seat.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts