Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Everytime i go through a bump or a pothole, squeaky noise would come from the rear of the car, i figure it would be the sub box pressing down on the cover of the trunk. i took it out drove around and it still made noise, i also have rsb replaced. i installed tein cst coilovers but the issue is still there. maybe lube the sway bar or maybe try to tighten it (pita)?

·
Royal Flush Crew
791 Posts
I got same issue, squeak came AFTER I installed form and function coilovers. So I'm guessing its the coilovers itself making that noise. Everything else in my suspension is stock

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
170 Posts
I had this same issue and it turned out that I had to re-lube the rsb. The grease gets pushed out and dries up over time leading to friction on the mounts/bar. It's worth a shot.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ill re lube see if that works, i bought new end-links because mine are rusty

·
WAT DO?
716 Posts
I have the same squeek... it definitely sounds like its coming from inside the car.. im stumped as to what it is. I know its not my RSB since I installed the type S RSB and used greased the bushings..

·
Let me...help you!
1,335 Posts
A few years ago, after driving through a semi-flooded street, my car started to have squeaks. I assumed it was the RSB and re-lubed it. Whenever I re-lubed it, the sound would go away for a while, so I assumed that it was the cause. However, the squeak would eventually come back (sooner and sooner each time). I tried replacing the bushings two or three times with different sizes, material, etc.

Last year I read an article by Marcus @ Heel Toe about strut/shock noise being a normal thing (or something like that). So I thought to myself, maybe the squeaks weren't coming from my rsb and were actually from my tein coilover. Perhaps jacking the car up and the coilover being unloaded would make the noise go away.

I then jacked up my car, sprayed the coilover's strut liberally with lithium grease, and put my car on the ground. I have not heard a squeak since then, which is relief...since I used to jack up my car every 2 months or so.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts