Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm having my driver seat squeak when I move around at all. Seems to be louder when cold, but always present. It's not the seat railings - the sounds seems to come from where the lumbar support is (around the mid-back area). It sounds like the soft foam-like material in the seat is rubbing against the springs to make an "old mattress" sound.

Is there anything that can be done short of replacing the seat? Have you ever dealt with a similar issue?

I've just replaced a bunch of suspension-related stuff and got rid of all kinds of squeaks, thumps and noises, so this seat is the last obstacle on my path to a quiet ride.

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,666 Posts
I would probably pull the leather off before I just purchased another seat. It might be something u can fix for free.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I'm having my driver seat squeak when I move around at all. Seems to be louder when cold, but always present. It's not the seat railings - the sounds seems to come from where the lumbar support is (around the mid-back area). It sounds like the soft foam-like material in the seat is rubbing against the springs to make an "old mattress" sound.

Is there anything that can be done short of replacing the seat? Have you ever dealt with a similar issue?

I've just replaced a bunch of suspension-related stuff and got rid of all kinds of squeaks, thumps and noises, so this seat is the last obstacle on my path to a quiet ride.

Thanks!
i have the same problem ...

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I would probably pull the leather off before I just purchased another seat. It might be something u can fix for free.
Care to elaborate? How does one pull the leather off a seat?
Is this something an upholstery / leather repair shop could do?

·
Registered
1,666 Posts
Yes a uphostery shop could. It's not something that can be elaborated upon too much...pull the seat, unbolt the back from the bottom and then unhook the hog rings, heat the leather and then carefully pull the leather off. It isn't easy and it is tiedious.

Sent from my PC36100 using AutoGuide.Com Free App

1 - 5 of 5 Posts