Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
a gang so as the last past week, I've been dealing with this squealing noise when the car idles. When the car is in motion, I cant really hear it. My mechanic changed my serpentine belt tensioner thinking that would solve the problem...it didn't. It doesn't seem to be coming from the belt side but more from the tranny side. I want to know if any of ya'll have gone through the same situation. The car has 162,xxx miles but the motor has 7,000 miles (rebuilt) on it. It has UR pulleys, exedy stage 1 clutch and ITR flywheel. Tranny is still original . Here's a video

Weird squealing noise k24 - YouTube

·
vtec villian
6 Posts
My 06 started this over the winter. Did some reading and it is most likely caused by a bad gasket/ o ring where the power steering fluid line meets the ps pump. The squek is air in the line. My ps would squek only when temps would get below 50 degrees. You can buy the o ring from honda for under $10 and replace it. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks I'll definitely replace that while I'm at it. Apparently the water pump was never replace and i'm guessing the bearing in/on it is going out. But thanks for the reply man. greatly appreciated.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts