Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys whats up recently I noticed and it is happening more and more now that when I turn out of a parking spot or my garage I hear a squealing sound. It happens when I turn the wheel both ways left and right. I checked this out on the net and this is what I found:

TSB 10-025: Power Steering Rack Squeaks

Symptom: The power steering rack squeaks when the steering wheel is turned.
Probable cause: There is a deformed seal in the rack.
Corrective action: Replace the steering rack end seals.

https://docs.google.com/fileview?id...cnGIHv20nx238fgxzYEVpQ&hl=en&authkey=CJyuoZ4F

Has this happened to anyone else here and did this remedy the problem . Thanx dudes.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
C'mon guys anyone else have this problem and did it go away after fixing it . I thought this was a huge problem on the tsx's

·
Premium Member
2,513 Posts
not everyone checks the forums everyday, just wait it out a bit im sure someone will have something for you.

there is a powersteering recall btw

·
Slow but turns
2,961 Posts
^ +1

also, I never had any problems with what you described, however, I do notice that when backing out of a parking lot and i turn the steering wheel all the way, the Intake sucks up a lot of air... but thats it.

and who told you this was a common problem for the TSX? because i never had any issues so far

·
iVTEC no koe
1,913 Posts
Do you only hear this squealing in your garage and when pulling out of underground parking lots?

If yes, I would say it's just your tires making noise.

If it squeals when pulling out of outside parking lots, i.e. Walmart/T&T/etc, then it might be the power steering.

·
Registered
11 Posts
The noise I've been hearing in my car is exactly like the creak at 50 seconds in the above video, when the car comes to a complete stop, as soon as it starts moving...not sure what to make of it, I've heard that noise turning left, right, and going straight though....could be a ball joint or outer tie rod, maybe a mount, sway bar hardware, doubtful it's the rack as it also happens when going straight.

Best thread I could find describing the problem was unresolved and several years old: http://www.tsxclub.com/forums/1st-gen-suspension/36014-front-suspension-creak-2.html

Sure would like to know what that noise is, between that and my clicking clutch pedal (apparently needs a new clutch master cylinder), it's preventing me from fully enjoying what should otherwise be a really nice car. For the record, I have a 2004 6MT TSX with less than 64k miles.

·
Registered
11 Posts
The noise I've been hearing in my car is exactly like the creak at 50 seconds in the above video, when the car comes to a complete stop, as soon as it starts moving...not sure what to make of it, I've heard that noise turning left, right, and going straight though....could be a ball joint or outer tie rod, maybe a mount, sway bar hardware, doubtful it's the rack as it also happens when going straight.

Best thread I could find describing the problem was unresolved and several years old: http://www.tsxclub.com/forums/1st-gen-suspension/36014-front-suspension-creak-2.html

Sure would like to know what that noise is, between that and my clicking clutch pedal (apparently needs a new clutch master cylinder), it's preventing me from fully enjoying what should otherwise be a really nice car. For the record, I have a 2004 6MT TSX with less than 64k miles.
Thought I'd take a moment to follow through on my post, found the issue with my car and it, with only 63k miles and supposedly in superior mechanical condition, needs a clutch, sound was described as "severe chatter". Should have known, people can't drive, get a car that's out of their league, then give up on learning how to drive, dump it off on the next guy to fix all the problems they caused with it lol. Anyways, creaks when getting under way, more pronounced when giving it gas, might be time for a clutch....

1 - 9 of 9 Posts