Acura TSX Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

I am getting the SRS Light some times and stays on ( not every time but most of the times) and when i scanned with a diagnostic tool i am getting the following codes:

61-10 Open In The Driver's Seat Belt Buckle Switch
11-30 Short To Another Wire Or Decreased Resistance In The Driver's Airbag First Inflator

For 61-10 i am going to open the Belt Buckle and try to clean it with CRC Cleaner.

How ever for 11-30 i am not exactly sure what needs to be done to resolve the issue.

Has any one got this code ? Appreciate any inputs.

Thanks
Sateesh

·
Registered
2008 TSX auto
45 Posts
I know 2004 Honda Accord had a recall on seat belt switches.
You didn't state what year you have (common issue on these forums) but it might be the same/similar part that's under recall.

I recommend obtaining a copy of a service manual (I think there is a copy to download somewhere in this forum) and following the diagnostic and repair procedure for each diagnostic trouble code (DTC).

·
Registered
725 Posts
Seat belt/seat buckle are lifetime warranty items. So your dealership should replace the bucket for free.

·
Registered
137 Posts
You can check recalls on the NHTSA website...

But yeah, I'd try cleaning the buckle too, probably some dried Frapuccino (or beer 😮 ) or beer in there.

As a former military demolition man, personally I'd go to the dealer for airbags, probably a big PITA to access those and if you screw up it might not work when you need it... or they might blow up in your face while working on it.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi,

Thanks a lot for your inputs. My car is is 2005 Acura TSX.

Before i got the scan/diag tool i asked the dealer and they said there will a diagnostics fee as the SRS Code could be from any of the components.

Now i know the exact code i can ask them to look into it.

Also i cleared the codes and tried scanning multiple times and now the only code i am getting is 61-10 (Open in the Driver Side seat belt buckle switch). Will call the dealer.

Thanks
Sateesh

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I am able to resolve it myself.

Followed the video 61-10 and tested with my diag tool and when i buckle and unbuckle it is showing it as expected. No more "open" status.

Thanks
Sateesh

1 - 6 of 6 Posts