1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
i Dont think it will pass smog test, power starts around 6k on stage 3 cams

·
Premium Member
2,513 Posts
It really has nothing to do with cams, or any aftermarket parts to be honest. Its all in the tune, a tune to pass smog needs to be absolutely perfect, and thats where your gonna pay. Just make sure all of your smog equipment is in place and working correctly. Or convert to e85...

You can make a bone stock TSX with a kpro or flashpro fail smog because of a crappy tune.

EDIT: Dont buy skunk2 cams, there crap. For simplicity and money, just go with stock OEM cams, you may not make as much power but its much easier on a budget.

·
Premium Member
2,513 Posts
my friend has cams on his SI and its pretty loud.. trust me its an extra boost.. but the cost is 700$ for these imma look for something cheaper $500..
Loudness is not equal to power, as I said you wont get as much power with stock cams but if you have to deal with SMOG and you dont want to spend hours on the dyno at 100+ per hour to get it perfect, stock cams are much easier.

The only thing even remotely close to that price point is BC:
BrianCrower.com
BrianCrower.com

Stay away from kelford and skunk2, you get what you pay for.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.