Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so i was teaching my girl to drive stick shift, came up to a hill and it was a fail hahahaha. but car stalled and smelled gas for a second, then started back up again and tried to drive and if i floored it it would just slow the engin down and vsa engine light and a bunch other lights came on. so i shut it off turned back on and engine light was only on. disconnected and reconnected battery and now its ok.........wtf was that ?!

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
are you sure it smelled like fuel? My guess is that it probably smelled more like burning rubberbands in which case, your girlfriend glazed your clutch and it needed to cool down before operating correctly.

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
I'm not sure but maybe the car put itself into "safe" mode to try to prevent any further damage. I could be wrong. Hopefully someone else can chime in.

·
Alberto Acosta - 808TSXer
1,176 Posts
i u dnt solve it by tomorrow day time, call Heeltoe.. lol 1-949-295-1668, just be like "Hey Marcus, my name is such and such and im a member of tsxclub.com and this happened to me, what can you tell me?

·
, Regional Meet Leader, Hawaii
1,506 Posts
burnt clutch? its prolly not gas that u smelling...

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
its fixed now i disconnected the battery and its good but i thought it was gas didnt smell like clutch, and it wasnt a very hard stall either so it wasnt too bad riding the clutch....i thought it was safe mode too but it freaked me out !

·
Registered
82 Posts
I had the same issue as you but im pretty sure i smelt gas in my car and my emssions light turned on, i did the same thing and disconnected the battery and the light disappear and my car is still running.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts