Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
I have a 2004 TSX & was wondering if this has been happening to anyone. Sometimes when I put the key into the ignition to start it, it'll make a weird electrical sound & not start. I'll have to turn the key back & restart it again. I'm afraid that I'm not turning the key properly & this will damage my car's ignition/starter.

Please advise. Thanks.

·
, Moderator Emeritus
8,663 Posts
hello and welcome! :wavey:

Do you start your car right away when you stick the key in or do you wait a few seconds before turning the ignition on?

Try sticking your key in, wait for it to beep a couple of times and start the car to see if that happens again.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for responding back to my message! I didn't even know that there was a beep. I usually just turn the key right away. I'll try that later.

·
, Moderator Emeritus
8,663 Posts
Oh crap! I forgot to tell you to turn it to I. (II is ignition)
You'll hear a few beeps when you turn it to I. Just wait a couple of beeps and then start your car.

·
Registered
47 Posts
TSX 'R' US said:
Oh crap! I forgot to tell you to turn it to I. (II is ignition)
You'll hear a few beeps when you turn it to I. Just wait a couple of beeps and then start your car.
TSX 'R' US, correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought there were 3 positions (besides OFF):
1 - OFF, 2 - Radio (and probably other accessories) ON, 3 - not sure what it's called but that's when the instrument cluster lights up, 4 - Ignition.

By the way, I usually wait for my fuel gauge to reach its postion and then crank.
Supposedly waiting a bit is good to pressurize the fuel line so the engine can start with less cranking.

·
, Moderator Emeritus
8,663 Posts
sixspeed said:
TSX 'R' US, correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought there were 3 positions (besides OFF):
1 - OFF, 2 - Radio (and probably other accessories) ON, 3 - not sure what it's called but that's when the instrument cluster lights up, 4 - Ignition.

By the way, I usually wait for my fuel gauge to reach its postion and then crank.
Supposedly waiting a bit is good to pressurize the fuel line so the engine can start with less cranking.
Hmmm...I thought there were only two... I could be wrong.. :D
Will have to check when I go to work tomorrow morning...
Yeah, you should wait till your gas guage moves before starting your engine. Did you notice any difference when you did that?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I have been waiting for my fuel gauge needle to move to the top before starting & this has been helping. I'll keep an eye on this for awhile. Thanks everyone for helping out!

·
whatever
4,377 Posts
this is weird...and no, I never pause at all. Suggest you have the dealer Service take a look.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Why should any car require you to turn it into the middle position and then wait for a beep to start? That seems like a workaround for a defect, not the way it should be.

·
2005 TSX 6MT Nav
692 Posts
its funny, when i went to test drive one, the same thing happened to me. it hesistated to start. it was cold out, so i'm assuming it was the weather.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts