Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if anyone has or seen any tsx with a steel skid plate ? my car is low and i've hit my oil pan on other cars before.Costing me lots of money in repairs. Is there somewhere that sells steel skid plate for a tsx? or do i have to do a custom job? what are the pros n cons?

·
Registered
457 Posts
That's going to have to be a custom job I'm thinking. I was thinking of sketching out a design and having it made for my car too. You would have to have measurements of where it would mount and how big it would be and all that stuff. But honestly, I think the oil pan on our cars is tucked up above the sub frame so there isn't as bad of a risk of hitting it.

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i was thinking if i got an extra plastic skid plate and then cut the steel to match but if i add that would it be heavy for the front? what abt the heat build up?

·
, Moderator, Performance
2,513 Posts
I was wondering if anyone has or seen any tsx with a steel skid plate ? my car is low and i've hit my oil pan on other cars before.Costing me lots of money in repairs. Is there somewhere that sells steel skid plate for a tsx? or do i have to do a custom job? what are the pros n cons?
honestly you really dont need one on the tsx, the oil pan is very high up compared to the subframe, header downpipe and just other chassis components, take a peek under and youll see what i mean. its not like a VW where its the lowest point on the car, same thing for a tC

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
honestly you really dont need one on the tsx, the oil pan is very high up compared to the subframe, header downpipe and just other chassis components, take a peek under and youll see what i mean. its not like a VW where its the lowest point on the car, same thing for a tC
i did look under there but the plastic skid plate is blocking my view. I guess am not so worried anymore. thanks

·
, Administrator, TOTM Coordinator
6,858 Posts
Ive seen several for Integra's and Civic's. So I doubt they make them for a TSX. You should look into making for your self and then selling them.
If I can find a TSX soon, for the right price, I will look into making one with a DIY. I am interested. Not just because you can slam the car, but it helps with aerodynamics.
Please do would be very interested.

·
got some new shoes :)
3,491 Posts
^ word ive got hella signs and ive been meaning to make a skid plate but work is eating my life away :/

1 - 13 of 13 Posts