Acura TSX Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had my steering rack replaced about 3 years ago and when I was rotating the tires today I noticed a lot of old looking oil on the boot and the driver side. The level in the reservoir was a little bit low, but not empty. I'm assuming it's on it's way out again. How long do you think it'll be? I'm thinking of doing it myself this time to make sure I get better quality parts. I've read that Maval is the way to go, but any other decent brands or specific brands to avoid?

Thanks.
Automotive tire Automotive exhaust Wood Synthetic rubber Bumper

·
Registered
742 Posts
You should have plenty of time. My car was in similar condition for a year or so before I replaced the rack. I went with AAE four years ago, and so far so good.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Doesn't look horrible but keep an eye on it. I replaced mine with a reman maval unit and it has been working great for 4 years now. It is a pain in the ass of a job though if you cant drop the sub frame. You have to take the housing apart and reassemble it when you install the rack. The high pressure hoses have very fine threads. It took me 12 hours to get the nut back on one of those hoses. I screamed, I cussed, and I cried.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts