Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi. So I am planning to buy an automatic tsx and today I test drove a 2008 one from a private seller. The steering was ridiculously harder to steer (needed to use more strength to turn) compared to my 2004 honda cr-v. Just wondering if that is normal or is it just that car? For anyone who has driven both cars and know's how they feel lol.

Thanks!

·
Registered
202 Posts
Haha in that case you don't have to worry about the power steering rack braking lol if it's tight and hard. :)

Sent from my T-Mobile myTouch 4G using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Registered
347 Posts
My g/f's dad drives a 2006 and his steering is quite a bit heavier than on my 2007 - it's German in weight while mine is in between an Accord and a German car. He bought his CPO and I believe that after I mentioned to him the difference between mine and his that he had it looked at and got a clean bill of health.

Not sure why there is a difference - production variance I suppose?

·
GO BLUE!
884 Posts
The TSX has a lower steeriing ratio than the CRV. It makes the steering reponse tight and quick. I love it personally, but dont think there is something wrong with the car.
I would say the same. TSX steering is supposed to give you a heavier, tighter steering like all the expensive German cars.

I noticed the huge difference after I drove my dad's van (Nissan) for the summer.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts