Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 05 tsx has 2 sets of buttons on the steering wheel: on left is audio controls; on right is speed controls. These audio control functions are not working and speed controls work most of the time. According to a Honda repair shop and an independent repair shop, a "spring" module needs replacing and will cost over $1000. If someone knows the parts for this module and maybe a way of getting them for less money, I would appreciate that. Thanks.

·
Registered
340 Posts
Probably talking about the clock spring behind the airbag.thst price is crazy thou... I'd find a used one in a junk yard. Pretty simple to swap out.

·
Registered
2 Posts
It’s called a clock spring and you can buy it on eBay and replace it yourself, it’s easy

My 05 tsx has 2 sets of buttons on the steering wheel: on left is audio controls; on right is speed controls. These audio control functions are not working and speed controls work most of the time. According to a Honda repair shop and an independent repair shop, a "spring" module needs replacing and will cost over $1000. If someone knows the parts for this module and maybe a way of getting them for less money, I would appreciate that. Thanks.

·
Registered
168 Posts
The part number for the clock spring is 77900-SEC-A51, at least for an 06. $250 for a brand new one from Honda. Considering how common issues with steering wheel controls are, and how much work it is to replace it i personally would just get a new OEM one. How much would it suck to get one used, only to find out it had issues after you swap it?

There is a video on youtube for replacing it. My lights went out on my 06, and the info button on the bottom right stopped working so i might do this when i replace the steering wheel.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The part number for the clock spring is 77900-SEC-A51, at least for an 06. $250 for a brand new one from Honda. Considering how common issues with steering wheel controls are, and how much work it is to replace it i personally would just get a new OEM one. How much would it suck to get one used, only to find out it had issues after you swap it?

There is a video on youtube for replacing it. My lights went out on my 06, and the info button on the bottom right stopped working so i might do this when i replace the steering wheel.
Thanks much. Will see what I can do.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts