Acura TSX Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 05 tsx has 2 sets of buttons on the steering wheel: on left is audio controls; on right is speed controls. These audio control functions are not working and speed controls work most of the time. According to a Honda repair shop and an independent repair shop, a "spring" module needs replacing and will cost over $1000. If someone knows the parts for this module and maybe a way of getting them for less money, I would appreciate that. Thanks.

·
Registered
383 Posts
Probably talking about the clock spring behind the airbag.thst price is crazy thou... I'd find a used one in a junk yard. Pretty simple to swap out.

·
Registered
2 Posts
It’s called a clock spring and you can buy it on eBay and replace it yourself, it’s easy

My 05 tsx has 2 sets of buttons on the steering wheel: on left is audio controls; on right is speed controls. These audio control functions are not working and speed controls work most of the time. According to a Honda repair shop and an independent repair shop, a "spring" module needs replacing and will cost over $1000. If someone knows the parts for this module and maybe a way of getting them for less money, I would appreciate that. Thanks.

·
Registered
330 Posts
The part number for the clock spring is 77900-SEC-A51, at least for an 06 w. Nav. $250 for a brand new one from Honda. Considering how common issues with steering wheel controls are, and how much work it is to replace it i personally would just get a new OEM one. How much would it suck to get one used, only to find out it had issues after you swap it?

There is a video on youtube for replacing it. My lights went out on my 06, and the info button on the bottom right stopped working so i might do this when i replace the steering wheel.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The part number for the clock spring is 77900-SEC-A51, at least for an 06. $250 for a brand new one from Honda. Considering how common issues with steering wheel controls are, and how much work it is to replace it i personally would just get a new OEM one. How much would it suck to get one used, only to find out it had issues after you swap it?

There is a video on youtube for replacing it. My lights went out on my 06, and the info button on the bottom right stopped working so i might do this when i replace the steering wheel.
Thanks much. Will see what I can do.

·
Registered
330 Posts
how much did they charge you? Looks pretty straight forward, just loosening screws and bolts, unclipping some harnesses, and then the reverse of removal. I get not wanting to mess with with airbags and safety equipment though. My info buttons stopped working, and the buttons no longer light up so i plan to do mine soon. might as well get one of the rebuilt OEM steering wheels if i'm going to pull it off to do the clockspring!

·
Registered
35 Posts
how much did they charge you? Looks pretty straight forward, just loosening screws and bolts, unclipping some harnesses, and then the reverse of removal. I get not wanting to mess with with airbags and safety equipment though. My info buttons stopped working, and the buttons no longer light up so i plan to do mine soon. might as well get one of the rebuilt OEM steering wheels if i'm going to pull it off to do the clockspring!
Didn't copy the photo over because it takes up too much space. Where is this wheel available from? I couldn't find it searching around google but I could have been using the wrong keywords.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts