Acura TSX Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been looking around and couldn't quite find the answer for this.

This problem was found by me after I purchased the car. So none of the controls/buttons aren't working whatsoever, my horn is also not working you push it and no sound.

Anyone have any solutions or tips for me on this??

·
Registered
264 Posts
That is probably your clockspring or connectors related. Does your SRS light is on? I suggest to remove the steering column covers and you will see 2 yellow connectors going to the clockspring, unplug them and verify continuity of each pins. Hope this helps...
J~

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No my srs isn't on, but i'll def try that column covers. What do you mean by the continuity of each pins?

·
Registered
264 Posts
Use a meter to check if the current passes from a pin to its corresponding one on the other side.

Even if your SRS light is not on, you may have some wires broken and some not (Or the seller placed a resistor in the SRS connector to turn off the light...). Before doing this, I strongly suggest to first check the fuses, then verify for continuity of Clockspring, then from the fuse box to the Clockspring. Like this, you should be able to isolate your problem. If you find nothing, it is probably in the steering wheel.
J~

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.