Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I noticed this morning my cruise control wouldn't work. I'd activate the cruise button and the light on the dash would not illuminate. When I would hold the button the dash light would come on, then I could set my speed and it would work until I released the button.

I'm guessing the switch is bad on the steering wheel but I wanted to hear some other opinions. Clutch or brake switch?

The horn and radio controls work on the wheel along with the other cruise control buttons except for the master switch.

It's an 06 manual with 108k.

·
Registered
334 Posts
Do you mean when you press the on/off or set?

If you have an intermittent open signal from the clutch switch, it won't set and stay set. Because of the fact you can hold the button and get the cruise to work, it could be setting when the computer sees the clutch switch closed. Check to see if the pedal is fully depressing the switch.

At the same time, if the contacts in the switch have gone bad and it's getting a set signal as well as resume, nothing should happen

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I pulled up the the cruise control section from the TSX FSM. The horn worked and the fuses checked out. I took the car out for a spin and held the cruise button and set my speed. Depressing the clutch and brake would turn the system off like it should. The cancel, accel and decel also buttons also worked. I'm thinking the actual switch is bad.

I'll check the continuity of all the switches before I order any parts but I'll probably need to track down a used combination switch because Acura will only sell the whole unit.

Here's the FSM section for future reference if anybody needs it. The diagnostic portion is the same for all years but the pinout schematic may be different for model years and navigation equipped models.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts