Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,756 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My steering wheel has an area that feels super dry. I tried those Lexol leather conditioner but no effect. Should I even bother to try to claim it to the dealer and hope it will be fixed under warranty? (It's at the 8 o' clock position where I usually drive with 10 and 2 o' clock so they can't really say it's wear and tear)

Please help coz whenever I touch that area it gives me the creeps!

·
, Administrator Emeritus
4,123 Posts
Try the Meguiars NXT Leather Care ... If that doesn't work to resolve the rough patch area. You can most definitely have a dealership look at it and get it replaced "reasonably".

Unfortunately, whether you use that particular section of the steering or not ... It's not up to the dealership to determine, it's only replaced under warranty if it's adverse show of a manufacturing defect instead of a wear and tear or weather caused effect.

If you could take a picture to show us, that'll be great. It's hard to tell how severe it is.

·
, Administrator Emeritus
4,123 Posts
Thanks for the image, if I'm right ... It looks like a workmanship problem. The leather is stretched from the stitching. I'd definitely be getting a dealership to look into getting a replacement one under warranty.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts