Acura TSX Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
857 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking for a new steering wheel and going through my options currently. I could use S2000 but apparently the Cruise Control doesn't work. Can I use a 2009 Acura TSX steering wheel in an 04 TSX? Would I still have Cruise Control and Audio control? I just want a meatier feel. The 04's are small. If I can use an S2K and have cruise control, how do I go abouts doing that?

·
Premium Member
69 Posts
any luck with a solution? I would like to replace my 04 wheel with either the 09 TSX or the 06 TL wheel. The hope and theory of course that cruise/audio remain intact and lighted post mod. :/

·
Premium Member
857 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Never found out. Because the cruise on/off switch is on our steering wheel unlike many other cars like a DC5 where the cruise on/off switch is on the side panel. Repining would be required from under the dash. I didn't want to play with that incase I tripped the airbags.

·
Premium Member
69 Posts
you can def use the 06-08 wheel I've come across in research, and if you have an 04 you can get the 05 wire harness to add lighted buttons. But I don't like the general design or feel of the 1st gen wheel. I would prefer the accord sedan/TL style wheel (4 pronged vs 3) I wonder just how much of a PITA a second gen wheel would be. Could you use the original airbag at least? I may try to blaze the trail on this one...

·
Premium Member
69 Posts
just to be clear
what I have (04), what I want(09), and what I know works (06 tsx/accord):

Attachments

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.