Acura TSX Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just purchased two 12" Alpine Type R's to put into my 04 TSX with a 1000 RMS Alpine amp. Now I want to keep the stock head unit and connect the subs and amp. Is this possible?

What items if any would I need to purchase to make it possible? Or would I need a whole new after market deck?

Sorry I'm new and just bought this car a week ago!

Thanks,

Pejan

·
I </3 NY ROADS
4,046 Posts
This has been covered a few hundred times. You will need a line out converter. You tap into the rear deck sub for Audio(bass frequency) Google car audio line out converter. You plan on doing this yourself? A shop should charge around 125-150 to do this type of install. Well in NY at least.

·
, Regional Meet Leader, Chicago
1,706 Posts
SEARCH FUNCTION PLEASE!!!!
New doesn't mean lazy or uninformed.

Keep in mind the 6x9 only are low end frequency in our car.

And you should use a ground loop isolator...and if Your amp has speaker level inputs you won't need a LOC.

Audio basics...

Oh and two 12" ... No cap? Stock battery? Stock head unit? Sounds like a waste of subs and $ to me or overkill.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
VP of Infinite Infinity
1,791 Posts
You don't need a capacitor, stock other stuff is fine unless you're going competition. These will thump regardless, and a lot harder than one 10". I ran two 12" no problem. Just don't run your subs long unless you're car is running (...competition), or get the yellow top batteries made for strain and drain.
That said, two 12" is a lot of thump... I got mine for free, so I didn't go all out ?. Also beware of your top brake light rattling against your rear window. I put a rubber spacer between them.

You will need a wiring kit. install instruction can be found. Run the cables under the center console and carpet in the rear, under the seats and into the trunk.

PM for more details. I'd rather help than scorn.

IPhone Autoguide

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for your replies. I also do have a capacitor. I have ALSO used the search function. Posting a thread takes more effort than using the search function. If you don't want to answer skip the tread there's no need to bash me on a thread that I'm actually looking answers for.

Anyway's Aragrev7 thanks a lot for your feedback. My friend and I plan on wiring it ourselves on Monday. I was told I would need a RCA converter. I have all the other wires and a 4 gauge cable. I personally don't know too much about the subs but my friend does. Only thing he wanted to know is if we could hook up the subs to a stock deck. I wanted to keep the stock deck and just connect subs to the stock deck. He was just wondering if we needed anything to hook it up.

All I need is a line out converter? Will I be able to purchase one from best buy or future shop? Which one should I look to buy? Any preferred brands?

Thanks,

Pejan

·
, Regional Meet Leader, Chicago
1,706 Posts
I did answer w some help... And if you used the search function you can easily come up w all the answers to all your questions so far. I was thinking blue was being nice to you... You'll find that alot on here (people don't like redundant threads or bringing dead threads back).

But Since youre new and bit sensitive...

Tap your rear speakers to a LOC, unless your amp has speaker level inputs. If it does you won't need a LOC or RCA... If not you'll need RCA from your LOC to amp

Run the remote and power along the side sills. .. Remote wire you can fuse tap In cabin fuse box or splice into something w ACC power

I would run a GLI in between to clean it up

With serious equip you i would run an aftermarket deck... You won't fully take advantage of swhat you got.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thank you, now that wasn't so hard lol :).... Sorry dude just wanted to post something and I'm really eager on getting this subs hooked up. Anyway's thanks for your help going to attempt this on Monday using all the info you guys gave me.

Thanks,

Pejan

1 - 8 of 8 Posts