Acura TSX Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
From RSX to TSX.
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

New 05 TSX. I like rap music, love bass, and listened to my music pretty loud in my previous car (03 RSX Type S).

I've found that the bass in the TSX can get very distorted very easily with the music up. Its like the woofers top out quickly at low volumes. This is especially true when the bass is turned up (past 3 or so). I've kept it at C or -1 and it sounds pretty good.

Why is this? Anybody run into this? Can tuning the amp or woofers fix this at all?

Thanks bros

·
, Chief SuperModerator, Marketplace
5,412 Posts
i like my bass too and the bass on the 1st gen is just average. i usually run my volume at 20 and do bass to like 3. some have replaced their speakers with alpine type s speakers.

·
Registered
86 Posts
I replaced the crappy 6x9 with some Infinity reference 2 way speaker and it made a night and day difference. The stock 6x9 would bottom out and pop on a bass heavy song. Now I can turned it all the way and they still sound good even without an amp.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.