Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So how long has your stock suspension lasted before you had to repalce it? I was wanting to know how many miles people had on it, not because you wanted to lower, or upgrade.

TIA!

·
" It Is What It Is "
7,490 Posts
it will last you depending on your driving habits...

·
long-term build
2,761 Posts
I think some can pull like 80k+ out of it?

most of us replace it with coilovers or something pretty quick though.
mine has like 5 miles on it, so it's basically sitting brand new in boxes, lol.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I am currently at 130k kilometers and my stock suspension is still good. In fact, no suspension parts have needed to be replaced yet *knock on wood*.

Although soon the shocks will be swapped out with Buddy Club N+!

·
Registered
69 Posts
I'm at 96K miles and ready to either trade it in, or spend a few bucks and improve the ride, among other things.

I know the Progress RSB is supposed to be the best bang-for-your-buck suspension upgrade, but what about just swapping out the stock shocks/struts with new (better) ones, is there any merit to doing that?

·
Somaek juseyo?
1,290 Posts
I'm at 96K miles and ready to either trade it in, or spend a few bucks and improve the ride, among other things.

I know the Progress RSB is supposed to be the best bang-for-your-buck suspension upgrade, but what about just swapping out the stock shocks/struts with new (better) ones, is there any merit to doing that?
Of course...less body roll and a lowered stance. I just bought A-Spec for mine. Gonna hold on to stock though.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Of course...less body roll and a lowered stance. I just bought A-Spec for mine. Gonna hold on to stock though.
right, but I'm talking about keeping the stock springs though.

·
Registered
138 Posts
If your shocks aren't blown, you probably won't feel much difference. But if your at 96k its definitely an upgrade. If your keeping the stock springs, you could look into Koni yellow shocks. The spring perch is adjustable so you could get 1/2 inch lower.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts