Acura TSX Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a bone stock 2006 TSX on stock tires. ~51K miles on the tires. The front tires were noted as being at 4/32 tread life.

After a long road trip (~300 miles mostly highway), I noticed significant "chipping" on the outside tread of both front tires. Looks like someone took a razor blade and cut into the tires then peeled chunks off.

1. Is this related to poor alignment or suspension?
2. Or, should I chalk it up to old tires?

I went ahead and just changed all 4 tires tonight since the fronts didn't look good and the rears were down to the wear bars.

Any advice is welcome.

·
From Nissan to Honda
2,170 Posts
For starters, get an alignment asap. You got new tires protect and lengthen your investment.

Secondly, it the 'chipping' was not there prior to the drive, I dunno what to tell you. But more than likely, the previous owner perhaps lowered the car and it rubbed against the fender? which kinda doesnt make sense because stock tsx wheels have a +55 offset, far from the fender.

See what the alignment rack tells you.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Car has never been modded.

I'm planning to get an alignment in the next day or two.

Didn't notice the chipping prior to the road trip. If it was there, it was not as obvious as after the road trip. After the road trip, the chipping was all around the outside of both front tires. Some big chunks of rubber missing...as if someone took a tea spoon and scooped it out.

Please let me know if anyone can confirm that a bad alignment can be the cause and if I should check anything else.

Thanks!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.