Acura TSX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Blakura
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I dunno if this question is addressed or not but I want to know which is faster in a drag race and a lap race. Has anyone raced a stock RSX-S with their stock TSX ? If so, tell me how it was......Anyone raced an NSX? hahahhaa

·
The Bay State
931 Posts
Noel said:
DC5 ... Hands down. Weight is the biggest enemy of the CL9.
Noel, you are a plethera of information. I assume the DC5 is the RSX and CL9 is the TSX? Please advise as I am new to Japanese makes.

·
, Moderator Emeritus
8,663 Posts
APOGEE said:
Noel, you are a plethera of information. I assume the DC5 is the RSX and CL9 is the TSX? Please advise as I am new to Japanese makes.
yes

·
, Administrator Emeritus
4,123 Posts
Sorry Apogee, I generally address models by their chassis code instead of "marketed names" ... Makes it clear to the point which/what we're talking about.

Ala the DC5 is called the RSX in Americas and Integra elsewhere while the CL9 is called the TSX, Accord, Accord Euro instead. Some even try to argue which is the "correct" name. So to save the confusion, the chassis code is universally identified and straight to the point.

·
Registered
954 Posts
How is there even a doubt in your mind about these two cars? RSX-S hands down.

·
whatever
4,377 Posts
Akura said:
may i know wut VIN stands for n where i can get it?
hehe you kidding us right ?

·
whatever
4,377 Posts
Noel said:
--snip-- while the CL9 is called the TSX, Accord, Accord Euro instead. Some even try to argue which is the "correct" name. So to save the confusion, the chassis code is universally identified and straight to the point.
so what is CL7 ?
what's the difference btw CL7 & CL9 ?

·
, Administrator Emeritus
4,123 Posts
godofwine said:
so why is going to win? is it because it's lighter than the tsx? i know the hp is about the same and the tsx has more torque.
The actual reason is simple, the DC5 has a higher power to weight ratio than a CL9. It doesn't matter how much power it makes, the weight is also a primary factor on how "quick" a car is.

Ala Lotus Elise/Exige, I'm sure everyone knows how "quick" one of these are and the simple reason draws back to having a low weight and a decent powered engine.

·
Blakura
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
well i raced my friend's RSX-s....he got an exhaust and intake....nothing else......my tsx also got exhaust and intake, along with other minor modifications............the road was wet so we started out spinning rubber....i manage to gain traction first and was off....he was half car length rite behind me....both our VTEC kick in....he caught up to me.........but we still were even at around 50-55 mph....then 3rd gear he was a car ahead of me....and then two cars.....so i say i lost by two rsx car length.....not bad for a race....ground was wet and it was raining....we gonna have a rematch on dryer surface...i'll let you guys know the result.
some things i notice:
TSX: ------------ RSX:
heavier ------------ lighter
short shifter ------- "not too short" shifter
more torque --------- less torque
2.4 liter ----------- 2.0 liter

so the TSX can have a 'so-so' chance in winning depending on how you drive and how well you shift.

·
, Administrator Emeritus
4,123 Posts
Actually, the DC5 has a better vantage in just about every aspect except torque. The gear ratio on the DC5 is shorter than the CL9 especially strong and well seen in the 3rd and 4th gears. But if you're gonna throw modifications into play, the equation ends where the car with the most modifications will more than likely turn up the winner.

·
Registered
976 Posts
Weight matters..but it still would be a drivers race because Torque matters also..and for the fact that the TSX has higher torque numbers plus it comes in alot sooner than the lower torque numbers of the RSX-s. The difference is alil over 20Torque and almost 2,000rpms sooner..there are other things to look at also!.. The RSX-S has 200HP but its at 7,400rpms..while the TSX has 200HP at 6,800rpms. The RSX-S has 142TQ at 6,000rpms while the TSX has 166TQ at 4,500rpms. Those are specs from the net and car&driver, ect. i've seen anywhere from 6.7 to 7.2sec. to 60mph for the RSX-s while i've seen 6.9 to 7.5sec. for the TSX and the 1/4Mile for the RSX-s i've seen was 15.2 to 15.5sec. and the TSX was 15.4 to 15.8sec..so the cars are not that far apart from each other..plus the TSX looks sexy!..lol

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.