Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
fresh to death
2,643 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Up for sale/trade are my ST-40 Stoptech BBk
Price: $800 or trade your rotors plus $600 on top
Not looking to ship at the moment, so local preferred.

i was originally gonna sell them for $1000, but rotors are going bad....it starts to shake a bit...so imma let them go for $800 or trade oem calipers and rotors plus $600 on top....the "stoptech" decal is pretty much faded...but i can get them refinished if you want(of course with a little more on top)...pads are Hawk HPS...really good pads, still has a lot of meat left on them.....if im not mistaken, the brake lines are stainless steal too...

on to the pics..

rotors

calipers

pads

as you can see, theres a lot of meat left on the pads, been on these hawk hps pads for a lil over a year now.

brakes lines

for anybody that wants to look at them in person, i'll bring it to the SD meet this saturday....

·
fresh to death
2,643 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
^^no, they were already black...if look closely at the pic of the calipers, you can barely see where it said stoptech...its just faded...

·
Registered
317 Posts
Dude, I don't want to sound mean or anything but from looking at your pictures that brake-kit looks very very worn-out. Whoever buys them will have to buy new Stop-tech rotors and they aren't not cheap, cause they are the 2-piece float-ting rotors and you may have to rebuild the calipers also, depending on have much wear the piston seal are. So I think your asking price is bit high, but srry just looking out for the out guys, btw I love stop-tech too cause I have a set and they are no way in any shape like these.

·
, Regional Meet Leader, San Diego,CA
1,965 Posts
Dude, I don't want to sound mean or anything but from looking at your pictures that brake-kit looks very very worn-out. Whoever buys them will have to buy new Stop-tech rotors and they aren't not cheap, cause they are the 2-piece float-ting rotors and you may have to rebuild the calipers also, depending on have much wear the piston seal are. So I think your asking price is bit high, but srry just looking out for the out guys, btw I love stop-tech too cause I have a set and they are no way in any shape like these.
so do you expect him to sell it for 100 bucks or something?

and btw we just took these off like 2 days ago. I've driven his car many times and they still perform like they should.

·
fresh to death
2,643 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
wow, thanks dude....you could've at at least pm'd me and i would have adjusted the price or we could have chatted about it....But since i read your post, i decided to call stoptech myself and asked them a few questions...i asked after soo many miles, should the calipers be rebuilt?...he said that there is no set mileage on when the calipers should be rebuilt...and that unless there are major vibrations or if its leaking brake fluid anywhere on the caliper, then you shouldn't need to replace anything..he asked if i raced the car? told him no.....he asked me if i was on the east/west coast?....i told him west and he told me that the caliper should be fine because san diego does not experience harsh weather like snow or dealing with salted roads like the east coast....i even asked him what would be a good asking price to sell the bbk...he told me that he really didn't want to give out a price(i guess he didn't want to offend me by putting out a lower price)...but he ended up saying $1100 is a good asking price for used stoptechs(which is more than what im asking)...

and i also stated the rotors were going bad, thats why i lowered the price a bit....

so do you expect him to sell it for 100 bucks or something?

and btw we just took these off like 2 days ago. I've driven his car many times and they still perform like they should.
thanks for the vouch...

How many miles are on the BBK?
its actually pretty high...theres a lil over 50k on them...

but don't let that high number scare you...i never raced the car, on/off track....they work great...

any other questions, don't hesitate to ask....

1 - 16 of 16 Posts