Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is what I experienced at Gary Force Acura in Brentwood, TN (just south of Nashville).

I brought in a '96 Ford Explorer with 120,000 miles. They gave me $4100 trade-in. In the end, I ended up paying $26,000 even (including state and local sales tax).

The sticker was $27,035, and then they added $995 (wheel locks, trunk liner, mud flaps) so the total came to $28,030. With the trade in, that made it $23,930 total, plus $2070 taxes.

I did not finance the vehicle; I just paid for it, so I don't know what kind of interest rates they had available.

I also did not purchase an extended warranty, and now having 3300 miles in 8 weeks, I kind of wish I had. Thoughts?

·
, Moderator Emeritus
8,663 Posts
I think you can pick up the extended warrantee even after the purchase... Wouldn't hurt to ask your dealership.

·
Registered
258 Posts
"and then they added $995 (wheel locks, trunk liner, mud flaps)"

That a rip-off, i paid 25600 for non-navi model, so 27k seems high as well

·
, Moderator Emeritus
5,352 Posts
netoperek said:
"and then they added $995 (wheel locks, trunk liner, mud flaps)"

That a rip-off, i paid 25600 for non-navi model, so 27k seems high as well
Ouch, that is real high for those accessories...I got all those included in my 27k price (w/ NAVI) + protection package, free oil changes & car washes. You should be able to get an extended warranty after the fact...the dealer I bought my TSX from sent me an extended warranty offer just a couple of days ago.

·
, Moderator Emeritus
10,086 Posts
All true.....but I think he got a decent price on the trade-in.

Larchmont, who paid extra for everything and was happy.

·
The Voice of Reason
1,481 Posts
The dealer threw in the mud flaps, trunk liner, wheel locks, and window etching on mine. For "free". (Really, it's not!). Also, I bought the fog lights, cassette player/audio adapter, cargo net, and winter mats from them at the best internet price which I then installled myself.

Prices in the NY area seem to be more competitive than other parts of the country. They're getting even better since the vastly improved '05s willl arrive soon. $4100 seems a decent price for an 8 year old Exploder with 120k on the clock.

As for the extended warranty, check the online discounters. One is http://www.curryacuracare.com/#

Since Honda seems to be a bunch of {*expletive deleted*} about the areas of major concern, the transmission and clutch, bending over backwards to avoid warranty claims, my first thought was not to buy the extended warranty. On second thought, there is that $4000 transistor in the center console. So maybe I will buy it. It seems cheap enough.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts