Acura TSX Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A strange clunk noises appeared during winter and is now bothering me a lot!

It's doing the clunk noise ONLY from a dead stop or when stopping. As soon as the car is moving it's not doing it anymore. I can feel the vibration in my pedal/floor, but not that much and can't hear the sound if music is on. It's not a metal sound and the clunk sound can be heard 3-4 times when going off and sometimes it'll not even do it. It feels like something is loose up front.

It's not related to the drivetrain since it will do it in neutral(when braking). I'll get the car inspected soon but I was wondering what it could be. I changed an inner tie rod just before the winter season.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I would suspect engine mounts only cause that's what it was for me.

The way my mechanic confirmed was put it in drive, left foot on brake and rev. The engine rocked and mount was literally popping out. The clunk sound I was hearing was the mount dropping back into place.

Don't know about the manual equivalent but that's how he confirmed it in my auto.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I would suspect engine mounts only cause that's what it was for me.

The way my mechanic confirmed was put it in drive, left foot on brake and rev. The engine rocked and mount was literally popping out. The clunk sound I was hearing was the mount dropping back into place.

Don't know about the manual equivalent but that's how he confirmed it in my auto.
I'll try to do this, but with the e-brake since mine is 6MT.

Same issue here, i read somewhere could be axles but not 100% , if you can keep updated that would be great as i too am concerned m btw im 6 speed and 60,000 .not sure what to look for
Sure! I'll keep this thread updated.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

·
Registered
312 Posts
if your links are bad i suggest changing your front swaybar bushings too.. hell why not change all the bushings up front.. they're not expensive and it tightens the car up.

Its only a matter of time before you start getting more noises if you dont

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.