Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2008 6MT. I have a strange sound coming from my car. It sounds like it's coming from the front right. I would describe it like a creaking door or a confused dog sound. It isn't speed dependent, it's happened while I'm going down the interstate or while I'm at a dead stop. The brakes and the clutch don't affect it. It can happen whether each is engaged or not. I'm trying to find a consistency of what I do to make the sound but it's been completely random. Anybody have any experience with this or any clue?

Thanks in advance

·
long-term build
2,761 Posts
it's your power steering.

time to go get the recall done.
I have the same thing on my 08 at.

·
long-term build
2,761 Posts
crap.
well that was a guess of mine, seeing how it hasn't been done.

well then I'm not sure what it is.
seems to show up most in the summer/heat. maybe it's a/c related?

·
long-term build
2,761 Posts
it happens when the car is not turning, just sitting idle.
or when it's moving. it sounds like a water valve closing
kind of slowly and loudly. the pitch increases, it's a sound
that lasts about 2-3 seconds.

guess it's the a/c and whatnot, off to the dealer... sigh.

·
Slow but turns
2,961 Posts
I have a 2008 6MT. I have a strange sound coming from my car. It sounds like it's coming from the front right. I would describe it like a creaking door or a confused dog sound. It isn't speed dependent, it's happened while I'm going down the interstate or while I'm at a dead stop. The brakes and the clutch don't affect it. It can happen whether each is engaged or not. I'm trying to find a consistency of what I do to make the sound but it's been completely random. Anybody have any experience with this or any clue?

Thanks in advance
how many miles on the car? my guess would be the Serpentine belt is worn off, try to replace it and see if that fixes it, if not at least you have an extra sitting around. ;)

it happens when the car is not turning, just sitting idle.
or when it's moving. it sounds like a water valve closing
kind of slowly and loudly. the pitch increases, it's a sound
that lasts about 2-3 seconds.

YouTube - ‪TSX 08 unknown "whoop" sound 1‬‏

guess it's the a/c and whatnot, off to the dealer... sigh.
lol.... :eek:hsnap:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts