Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
, Chief SuperModerator, General
1,689 Posts
is it possible to insert the rubber pads in the gas and dead pedals?

i like the look/quality of this metal vs. the SC ones and the fitment looks good.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It is possible but we have no plans to do so. Putting rubber on the gas pedal would make controlling the throttle more difficult with grip than without.

·
1,689 Posts
put me down for a MT set, although i doubt we can reach 30 people. what can you do for 10 people, 15, or 20 people?

·
1,689 Posts
for those who are thinking about this, the description for the mugen pedals states:

In mass-production vehicles, the accelerator, brake, and clutch pedals all have the same type of rubber surface. However, in formula machines, only the surfaces of the brake and clutch pedals are made non-slip. This is because in racing where more demanding footwork is required, the accelerator requires exactness, but the brake and clutch require grip. Mugen believes that this also holds true for sports driving, in which nimble footwork is needed. With Mugen sports pedals, the accelerator has a wide front and rear with a buffed surface finish, while the brake and clutch pedals are small pedals with a nickel-chrome blown metal non-slip surface. All the pedals have a cast aluminum base. They are fitted by replacing the original rubber. Five-speed manual or automatic vehicles.

Also, the euro-R pedals look like they have rubber stoppers on the gas pedal also, but in fact they do not come out and therefore do not offer any grip. Spoonfed confirmed this for me...

You can't go wrong for $80 and these look a lot better than the SC ones with the cheesey words on them

·
1,689 Posts
the other thing is the fitment looks good, specifically with the dead pedal whereas with the euro-r pedals, the dead pedal requires some custom work as they are meant for RHD CL7s and not LHD CL9s

·
Let me...help you!
1,335 Posts
I just happen to pass by once in a while...but I'm sure alot of people don't go through this part of the forum (because i think it's new)? To get 30 people, maybe a thread in another forum can be linked here or something.

Looks good though. I have the euro-r pedals already though, and I did have to do some custom work like otesrepsaj said.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts