Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
what can i use to stick a decal on my car without ruining the paint? or should i just use double sticky tape?

·
TSX of the Month Winner
5,350 Posts
whitetsx said:
what can i use to stick a decal on my car without ruining the paint? or should i just use double sticky tape?
err... if you live in Vancouver I know where to get those.
there is some double side tape that will stick very well. Just like those double side tape used by factory. Normal double side tape won't work, b/c they will come loose when it rains....

·
, Moderator Emeritus
10,086 Posts
Dunno, but I don't think double-sticky tape is an answer.
I think that with heat etc., that would indeed ruin the paint. I think it would sort of become PART OF the paint.

All I know is I've seen scotch tape become "part of" lots of stuff, under conditions that are less severe than what your car will see.

·
TSX of the Month Winner
5,350 Posts
larchmont said:
Dunno, but I don't think double-sticky tape is an answer.
I think that with heat etc., that would indeed ruin the paint. I think it would sort of become PART OF the paint.

All I know is I've seen scotch tape become "part of" lots of stuff, under conditions that are less severe than what your car will see.
there is a "double side tape" designed for this purpose.

·
TSX of the Month Winner
5,350 Posts
larchmont said:
You mean there's a kind that's different from the double-stick "scotch" tape?
yes. not really like a double side tape... but sticky on both side... lol, i don't know whatz that call. but it is the same thing as how factory put the emblem and badges on.

·
Registered
332 Posts
Also keep in mind that the decal will shield UV and the paint underneath it will fade at a different rate than the rest of the car. Whether this becomes noticeable depends on your environment (amount of sunlight, garaged parking, etc.) and the paint colour.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts