Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
haha you would pay 230ish dollars for these?

hell i will make them and sell them for 100 dollars a set if thats the case

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
as for the subframe rigid collar, EuroRspec said that the ride will be more rough because the rubber bushings are to be replaced by aluminum ones, theoretically makes sense to me as it makes the frame more solid for cornering.

However, otesrepsaj did order the part and he had them installed. He said that the ride isn't bumpier because he can tell from the headlights. With the oem rubber bushings, the lights were bouncing when driving on the fast lane. Now with the aluminum ones, the lights beams are alot stabler

Therefore, does the spoon rigid collar & steering gear box rigid kit increase comfort? And, curious, do they make any noise?

·
Premium Member
1,689 Posts
as for the subframe rigid collar, EuroRspec said that the ride will be more rough because the rubber bushings are to be replaced by aluminum ones, theoretically makes sense to me as it makes the frame more solid for cornering.

However, otesrepsaj did order the part and he had them installed. He said that the ride isn't bumpier because he can tell from the headlights. With the oem rubber bushings, the lights were bouncing when driving on the fast lane. Now with the aluminum ones, the lights beams are alot stabler

Therefore, does the spoon rigid collar & steering gear box rigid kit increase comfort? And, curious, do they make any noise?
Yes after installation the frame is more solid for driving in general, not just corners, but it is NOT rough at all and there is no additional noise. There is a significant difference when driving over bumps and uneven roads where you will notice there is no more jarring or clunking. I felt this would be a good mod since my car is getting old and I wanted to restore some of the solidity in the chassis, which it did.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Thx for the info otesrepsaj. My friend told me about these and it caught my interest, just don't know if I can justify it at this point. Anyone else rocking these?

·
long-term build
2,761 Posts
I am.

I think they made quite a difference. the way I feel it is in the bumpiness of the car
going over bumps. I'm sure it helps some in turns too, but I notice a difference basically
anywhere the road is bumpy or wavy. my suspension does more of the work now and
the car itself stays much flatter and more stable. much less of a jarring type of feeling.
kinda feels like my CSTs are taking too much of beating though sometimes, lol.

I think maybe it's time to go a whole new route for coils.

to me, this has improved the ride quality and comfort, not the other way around.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I see, that helps me get a better feel of what to expect and if that is what I am after. Appreciate it MMsTSX! Seems like an all around upgrade to me, now just have to decide where it belongs on my priority list.

·
Registered
31 Posts
you guys are goofy if your willing to pay that much for those things, I can guarentee i could chuck fifty of them out in an hour on a lathe.

I can see the benefits of them but the cost that they want for them outweighs the positives.

Being a machinist, I can tell you guys between material and time spent in these things they have at most $50 per set of these.

·
Alliance!
1,776 Posts
you guys are goofy if your willing to pay that much for those things, I can guarentee i could chuck fifty of them out in an hour on a lathe.

I can see the benefits of them but the cost that they want for them outweighs the positives.

Being a machinist, I can tell you guys between material and time spent in these things they have at most $50 per set of these.
But yours aren't "Spoon":laugh:

I kid. I'd be up for a set if you end up making some. Be willing to test them and give feedback. Otherwise, yeah I'd chuck out some dough for more Spoon product.

·
From Nissan to Honda
2,170 Posts
^yes but that is capitalism at its finest. If you're willing to make these for cheaper however and still profit, go for it. Get a list going and have people give deposits.

I had subframe collars on my previous car (also fwd, on coils and have urethane control arm bushings) and the car felt more solid. Like everyone else is stating, it felt like the suspension was taking more of the beating and less you. It did make the ride a bit more firm, however the energy was transferred to the chassis and not you. Hard to explain I guess lol.

·
long-term build
2,761 Posts
best bet I guess would be to buy a set of spoon ones, and exactly copy them and
turn out like 100 sets or so at once. then just sell them over time on ebay :)

1 - 20 of 24 Posts