Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all

I've been searching round the archives but can't seem to find any info on this at all. Not sure if this is normal (my local dealer reckons it is) but when flooring it do any of you guys/galls hear a noticeable sucking/whooshing noise between 5.5k and the redline??

Sounds like a dodgy dump valve and doesn't sound right to me. Any ideas??

Cheers

Darren

·
Registered
258 Posts
I have the same excact issue, not sure if this is normal??? I tried turning off Climate control but it didnt help, it seems like water/air is flowing somewhere in the dash area. I have no idea what it is.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Could well be the vtec as it only seems to happen over 5.5k. Only reason I question it is because my old Type-R Civic didn't make a sound above 5.5k (appart from the lovely change in engine note).

This sounds like it's either attempting to draw more air than the stock box/filter is capable of or there's something going on with the exhaust :confused:

·
, Moderator Emeritus
5,352 Posts
SAZABI said:
oh! i know what u are talking about.
It only happens if u use stock filter. if u replace it with foam filter or K&N drop-in. The sound will not be as noticable.
I know what you are talking about. It is very noticeable with an Injen CAI, but was told by Injen it is normal. No worries...I hear it all the time, if you know what I mean. :D

·
, Moderator Emeritus
5,352 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks for putting my mind at rest.

I don't actually like the whooshing sound as it doesn't sound right. Not that I venture past 5.5k often (honest officer ;) ) but I can't think of a more convincing reason for installing a CAI kit. Only problem I have now is which CAI??

·
, Moderator Emeritus
5,352 Posts
02-Type-S said:
Thanks for putting my mind at rest.

I don't actually like the whooshing sound as it doesn't sound right. Not that I venture past 5.5k often (honest officer ;) ) but I can't think of a more convincing reason for installing a CAI kit. Only problem I have now is which CAI??
Injen CAI and I agree; the whooshing noise doesn't sound normal but it is. ;)

·
Registered
89 Posts
its not a problem...i used to get that sound when i just got the car...it sounds like there's rocks, stones and chips are flying somewhere at the front...but after a few times of oil changes and when the engine is fully broken in, it's all fine now.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I have noticed that too. Can'r figure it out. All these new cars have all sort of new noises to get used too. I wish the engineers would give us a guide to all the new noises to expect.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts