Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As summer is coming up, I want to get a custom sun shade for my windshield. Anyone have suggestions on good, custom-fitted sun shades for the TSX ('06)? I came across covercraft.com sun shades yesterday, and am considering buying one from them. Has anyone tried theirs?

·
Needs No Explanation
3,754 Posts
custom as in custom fitted or a custom design on the window shade itself?
:tu:

·
Let me...help you!
1,335 Posts
Don't get the windshield shade from http://www.handa-accessories.com/tsx.html

It's only good for the first time. After it has experienced the sun, it sags in the center. I have a hard time keeping it up. The TSX has a very tall windshield...if you find one, make sure it has some sort of vertical ribs, or maybe rods at the edges.

·
Premium Member
7,303 Posts
Also dont get the reflective kind I heard from a windshield repair shop that those are no good because as they reflect the heat they heat up our windshield so when you get into your car the windshield is really hot then you turn on the A/C which will cause your windshield to crack due to thermal shock.

·
Let me...help you!
1,335 Posts
Also dont get the reflective kind I heard from a windshield repair shop that those are no good because as they reflect the heat they heat up our windshield so when you get into your car the windshield is really hot then you turn on the A/C which will cause your windshield to crack due to thermal shock.
I sometimes wonder about that myself, in that, I sometimes feel it's warming up the interior of my car by reflecting the sunlight around. But I think any windshield will have that issue regardless of sun shade. I used to have a really nice one for my accord that someone gave me...it wasn't reflective, and it had the skeleton that I want. What kind are you using Juan?

·
Registered
64 Posts
Go with 5% tints for the windshield.

I am in the market for a shield too. Please do tell if there are any that is fitted for the TSX.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Sunshield

I've had a reflective windshield screen from hondaacuraworld.com, for 2 years. It's perfect no issues whatsoever. Just be careful not to blast the A/C air through the defroster and you will be fine. It's just a bit of work to install and remove it. It cost like $30.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts