Acura TSX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I just bought a TSX and love everything about it except the suspension which is too stiff for me. Can the suspension be tuned to reduce the stiffness? Any other suggestions?

·
, Administrator Emeritus
4,123 Posts
That's not a common concern but no doubts I've seen a few people with such remarks. You can't buy aftermarket springs to soften the ride since most manufacturers make stiffer springs for increased performance instead. But you can however buy aftermarket coilovers with very low spring and damper rates to improve the ride comfort.

Zeal has an applicable "comfort" range whilst improving handling, you'd want the function X series. Let me know if you need more details. The pricing isn't cheap as well.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Noel, Thanks a lot for the reply. Much appreciated. Can you please give me more details about the Zeal function X series? Will doing this affect the warranty in any way and is this something a dealer could do?

Thanks again.

·
, Administrator Emeritus
4,123 Posts

Pictured above - The blue one is the track/race version while the black is the street/road version.

Zeal Function Xs - Street/Road Version

- Front spring rate 12K.
- Rear spring rate 8K.
- 6 way spring rate damper adjustment.
- Steel shell casing.
- Monotube design strut.
- Can be overhauled/serviced maintained.

Application - CL7 (Accord Euro R), CL9 (Accord Euro) Compatible.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Softer Ride

Noel said:
Eh? This has been an old topic, and I don't anyone made any progress on this. Are you trying to soften your OEM ride settings as well?
Yes, I would like to soften my OEM ride. Just too stiff, but a beautiful car. Can this be done by changing tires or wheels?

·
, Administrator Emeritus
4,123 Posts
studdly said:
Noel, if this "Zeal" coilover gives a more comfy ride than OEM
hardware, can we assume that performance suffers? Also, what's
the price range on this stuff?
Performance doesn't suffer when the spring damper ratings can be adjusted/tuned on the fly by simply dialing the knob. As for price range, please check with Endless.

·
, Administrator Emeritus
4,123 Posts
hosep76 said:
Yes, I would like to soften my OEM ride. Just too stiff, but a beautiful car. Can this be done by changing tires or wheels?
Tyres with a softer sidewall and increased air pressure can slightly improve on ride comfort. But the shocks and spring combination would play a bigger role.

·
Hondatafied
134 Posts
Stress|Strain said:
You little girls that bought a TSX and complain that the ride is too stiff should have bought an Accord. Or maybe a used rental car.
:sprint: Although it's not the nicest way to say it, I somewhat have to agree. If you want a softer ride, maybe you'd be better off buying a camry or a buick.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Not everyone wants to feel every bump in the road. Just because you buy a ferrari doesn't go road racing through Le Mans. The TSX is a beautiful car and fun to drive, but a smoother ride like the TL would be perfect.

·
Slickness...
971 Posts
hosep76 said:
Not everyone wants to feel every bump in the road. Just because you buy a ferrari doesn't go road racing through Le Mans. The TSX is a beautiful car and fun to drive, but a smoother ride like the TL would be perfect.
No it wouldnt, because then it wouldnt handle as well as it does.

·
TSX Sold! Hello STi!
595 Posts
I think I have to agree with the consensus here... part of what makes the TSX so enjoyable, in my opinion of course, is the sporty feel. To make the ride softer would defeat the purpose of what the car is marketed as: a sports sedan. Lexus has probably one of the most compliant rides out of the luxury lines --- and that's why I don't like them. I feel "detached" from the driving experience... almost like I'm not actually controlling the vehicle, but rather just "riding" in it.

...don't know if that makes any sense?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.