Acura TSX Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
plus one sir. Have you considered alpine as a choice?:)
by only narrowing it down to 2 brands, its kinda hard to help you.
alpine no. I dont want a brand that most ppl with civics out here have! Lol sorry not trying to offend anyone. Always remember you get what you pay for. And i want quality. I have heard jl's before and fell in love. Polks sound awesome also

·
Registered
1,666 Posts
They are both nice speaker companies. Which lines are u looking at?

·
Bork Bork Bork
3,317 Posts
I like my Polk DBs. Pretty good bang for the buck and no need to go aftermarket amp (although I imagine it would help).

Highs were very clear and almost too high, but after they settle they're a nice upgrade from stock.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
They are both nice speaker companies. Which lines are u looking at?
I like my Polk DBs. Pretty good bang for the buck and no need to go aftermarket amp (although I imagine it would help).

Highs were very clear and almost too high, but after they settle they're a nice upgrade from stock.

im looking at both!! i was suggested to the polk DB651's by a crutchfield.com advisor but i havent heard them so i wouldnt know. they also said that they will fit all my interior (front doors, back doors and rear deck) speakers except for the tweeters so thats even better

·
Registered
340 Posts
So your saying since people buy civic's which is a relatively cheap car, then everything they get for it is cheap. Hmmmmm...

To answer you original question try to see how the speakers sound in a comparable environment. You also need to ask yourself are you going to run a amp for them as well.

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
^^ as he said above, if you are doing just a straight speaker swap and not upgrading your amp, you are really limited to what speakers you can use. A lot of the nice aftermarket speakers require more power than the stock amp can supply. This is one of the reasons why people go with Alpines for drop in speakers.

·
Registered
856 Posts
Look to pick up an older, new set of JL Audio XR or VRs for rear doors and deck. Might consider Imagine HATs for the front doors since they're doing the most work.

I run JL VRs in rear door and deck, HATs in front door. . .need to install JL's Cleansweep and HD 6 channel for them.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
What's a good fit in our case? I'm considering alpine more than anything, but will I lose volume? And is there a good subwoofer that will work as a drop in? With stock amp?

Sent from my LG-P925 using AutoGuide.Com Free App
crutchfield said the polk DB series work really good with the stock amp. check them out. cuz i want more opinions lol. also i have to find out about the center speaker inside the dash

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
They're perfect fit? Nothin required? No spacers?

Sent from my LG-P925 using AutoGuide.Com Free App
i think so. when i spoke to them they told me they will fill the cart with everything i need all i have to do is just purchase. when i looked in the cart it was a pair of speakers, wiring harnesses, mounting brackets, and a door trim and panel removal tool

1 - 15 of 15 Posts