Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can someone tell me if there is a noticable difference in handling with a sway bar? Also, do I need both front and rear sway bars, or is one good enough?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
169 Posts
from what i hear the rear one makes quite a difference. I ordered a comptech 22mm sway bar so i cant wait to put that on
 

·
, Administrator Emeritus
Joined
·
4,123 Posts
A stabilizer bar is designed to "significantly" change/alter the basic handling dynamics of the car. This isn't something you should be playing with if you aren't entirely certain about your current vehicle handling aspects and how you want to change/alter it.

Front - In short, using a much solid/larger diameter front stabilizer bar will increase understeer from the basis of maintaining the OEM rear. This is used to generally increase driver confidence and handling particularly in FRs.

Rear - In short, using a much solid/larger diameter rear stabilizer bar will decrease understeer, increase oversteer from the basis of maintaining the OEM front. This is used to generally increase grip handling limits particularly in FFs to reduce the understeering tenancy.

Front & Rear - Unless you're absolutely sure, upgrading both would mean the new ratio of stiff or/and diameter increase would significantly change the way the car handles. Ideally, doing one step at a time, focusing on front first or rear first would be a better indicator if you need the other.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
47 Posts
In a word, yes !!

This was what I recently posted on Acura-zine:

"Finaly managed to get my Comptech rear sway bar fitted although not without issue Dammed drop link bolt was rusted tight and would not come off (great for a 2 year old car ) so I had to get it replaced. Suffice to say it doubled the final cost of the bar but having done a few hundred miles with it on it was definitely well worth it.

Even without the suspension/damper upgrade the car has been transformed and understeer has near vanished. Body roll is much reduced and the car feels a whole lot more balanced. Most noticeable for me however is how the steering has been affected. Given that the rear end now follows the front end the steering input required has reduced by quite a large margin. It now seems though that most of the input before was needed to wrestle the rear end round the bends."
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
169 Posts
nice review now i cant wait to put it on with my tein coilovers
 

·
Donating TSXCLUB Member
Joined
·
880 Posts
i got my progress one but waiting for the damn snow to STOP !!!!!!!!!

can't wait.. im drooling looking at the bar in my room
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thanks for all the replies and experience sharring. I will get the Comptech Rear sway bar.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,621 Posts
yes .. ~ it's nite and day differences with and w/o comptech rear sway bar ~
 

·
TSX of the Month Winner
Joined
·
1,092 Posts
Andynolife said:
yes .. ~ it's nite and day differences with and w/o comptech rear sway bar ~
:agree: You wouldn't think replacing a single bar would make that big of a difference, especially since the TSX already has a stock one, but it actually makes a huge difference.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,621 Posts
Tsx536 said:
:agree: You wouldn't think replacing a single bar would make that big of a difference, especially since the TSX already has a stock one, but it actually makes a huge difference.
yup .. ~ but the stock 15mm is just too small .. ~
 

·
, Regional Meet Leader, Vancouver
Joined
·
9,175 Posts
Andy.... You are only talking about the rear right? Not the front? Or both? LIke front makes a make diff too right? without the rear...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,621 Posts
Benz_05TSX said:
Andy.... You are only talking about the rear right? Not the front? Or both? LIke front makes a make diff too right? without the rear...
i personally recommand to replace the rear.... ~ the front one is alrdy thick enough .. ~ ;)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
149 Posts
Definitely get the rear, trust me you won't regret it.

I could be wrong, but I dont even think we have aftermarket front sways.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,621 Posts
loxllxol said:
Definitely get the rear, trust me you won't regret it.

I could be wrong, but I dont even think we have aftermarket front sways.
we do .. ~ from Mr. Alex motorsport .. ~ a JDM one
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,621 Posts
cmf said:
Where did you see one of those? Are you sure you're not talking about a front strut tower bar?
nope .. ~~ call AJR .. they should give u a quote .. ~
i believe the Mugen TSX in AJR has it ..
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
283 Posts
Andynolife said:
nope .. ~~ call AJR .. they should give u a quote .. ~
i believe the Mugen TSX in AJR has it ..

Hmm, I'll have to do that. Hopefully they have a rear sway as well. I want something not too many people have yet. :D I don't guess BPT can get them as well. Morris is really good with pricing. Better than AJ racing anyways.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,621 Posts
cmf said:
Hmm, I'll have to do that. Hopefully they have a rear sway as well. I want something not too many people have yet. :D I don't guess BPT can get them as well. Morris is really good with pricing. Better than AJ racing anyways.
:ben: ~ u got it bro .. ~
that's y u switching parts all the time ? haha dont wanna get things everyone has .. ~ it's cool .. anyway
 
1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Top