Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so my problem is that sometimes when I shift into third and fourth gear..it seems to sorts pop out or just not go in place the right way..it only.happens with those two gears and usually only at low rpm ..im really confused as to why and my car is not under warranty..plus it only has 45k miles..and I never power shifted or anything like that since I've had the car

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
Ok so my problem is that sometimes when I shift into third and fourth gear..it seems to sorts pop out or just not go in place the right way..it only.happens with those two gears and usually only at low rpm ..im really confused as to why and my car is not under warranty..plus it only has 45k miles..and I never power shifted or anything like that since I've had the car
just a suggestion-did you have the manual transmission fluid changed. If not then try that.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i bought it used and i def will try either synchromesh because its worked for me before with civics but im worried who ever had it before me maybe power shifted a few too many times before giving my baby up lol.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
im either going to take it to aamco or the acura dealership whoever will give me a free diagnostic, because i kno the synchromesh will help but i dont want to rely on that especially since i just bought it two weeks ago

·
Registered
227 Posts
hey I have noticed when i shift sometimes it feels like the geaers are having a hard time meshing together, the trans has popped out of 4th once but mostly its just feels sticky sometimes if you know what i mean, i drive a 04 with 196000 Km on it, thinking i should do a trans flush sometime but i dont have the time, you should post again when you get your problem fixed and how or what you did to fix it

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hey I don't kno if neone cares but I bought the shifter bushing and they should be here next week so im gong to change that and install a short shifted with a weighted skunk two shift knob and let u guys kno wat the results are

·
Registered
3 Posts
Did you replace the bushing?
What's the result?

I have been having a similar problem when shifting from 1st to 2nd gear; it grinds alot and frequently pops out of second when going very slow. I've just purchase the second gear set to carry out a replacement.

I'm about to take it in to the garage but I welcome any suggestion/recommendation prior to going this route.

Thanks

1 - 10 of 10 Posts