Acura TSX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
VP of Infinite Infinity
1,791 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I got bored two days ago and then it happened. Even MORE LEDs lol!
Night pics owned my phone cam, but you get the idea:

Glowing emblem:

Glowing rear lower reflector:

One day I'm going to drive with everything on at the same time and see if a plane lands on me ^_^

IPhone Autoguide

·
VP of Infinite Infinity
1,791 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Haha... Not gonna lie, I kinda regret the middle strip, wanted to see what it looked like lol. Usually how my boredom projects go. I don't even turn my others on anymore. They really do look brighter than they are BUT the reflectors worked out great though!
Poor car is just a guinea pig sometimes!

And actually am worried about getting rear ended, but not thaat much. I just have too many LEDs laying around... really.

Zulu is mean. :D

IPhone Autoguide

·
Registered
874 Posts
did u wire the reflector to have them turn on with rear lights? looks nice! Too much LED going on, keep it clean and simple, too much is ricey and like a kid, u wanna be sexy but not draw too much attention.

·
VP of Infinite Infinity
1,791 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Haha... I want to do.. Whatever I feel like XD. I don't run off others standards (except for imp parts -> works best) And when I'm bored I tend to rewire EVERYTHING bc it's free! Just trying out things here and there. If I had real money I'd do real parts. Tbh, the lights are a lot more subtle than they appeared. They just owned my phone cam at night.
*I have them wired to tail lights coming on. I was planning to put a switch in, but I didnt have time/the switch. Ran the wire up thru the bumper to the driver tail - just tapped in. Nothing crazy.
OH and I got the idea from another Kelowna TSX when we talked about doing his!

IPhone Autoguide

·
Registered
96 Posts
Are the reflectors LED too? I'm thinking of turning the reflectors into brake lights. What do you guys think?

·
VP of Infinite Infinity
1,791 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
You can turn them into brakes, I believe you tap the white wire instead of the red one? Haven't tried tho.
I really do like the emblem tho. Everyone asks where I got it. Some place sells them for a ridiculous amount, so I made it for a few dollars vs hundreds(?). In fact a one group rolled up in a stealthed out g6 and all four got out. I thought my life was over and they started freaking out how 'killin, ill, dirty[:(] etc words I don't understand" - then I knew it was too much. Although oddly enough they went nuts most about my Acura center caps LOL.

Let me know if you give it a try. I'll send some pointers.

I didn't use, but easiest is to buy top shine LED strips and just stick them under the reflector!
Superbrightleds.com

IPhone Autoguide

·
Premium Member
699 Posts
There's a company that does the emblems lighted up, I think they are called Amp'd Emblems.

Ampd Emblems

·
Registered
96 Posts
I didn't use, but easiest is to buy top shine LED strips and just stick them under the reflector!
Superbrightleds.com
Thanks! That's what I was planning to do. If I decide to do it, I'll let you know and maybe we can do a DIY for it.

·
TSX of the Month Winner
1,061 Posts
With all due respect as I love DIY work but you should have stopped at bumper reflectors only...

I had my LED bumper reflector set up for a long time now and I get lots of compliement too. However, I think it is time for me to sell mine as they are not so unique anymore...ha ha ha

·
flashprroooooo!!!
2,660 Posts
not a fan. it's like a x-mas tree back there. the reflectors are a nice touch though.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts