Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yes that is right, I will finally get to see how my new Euro handles on the open road at higher speeds, I am going up the road to where my Fiance's family is originally from, some 150 K's, I will let you guys know how the trip goes and what the experience is like :) I will also get to check out the sound system properly ;) Also I will post some pics from my journey when I get back !

·
, Moderator Emeritus
8,663 Posts
Sweeet!!! Can't wait to hear your thoughts about the car :nod:

·
, Administrator Emeritus
10,660 Posts
Well, how was it Thorn?
Joker - who thinks Thorn is having so much fun, that he is still out driving :thumbsup:

·
yes, i am a bitch
2,502 Posts
can't wait to hear...i haven't try any higher speeds on my baby yet...looking forward to pass my run in time...

·
, Moderator Emeritus
5,757 Posts
TSX 'R' US said:
Sweeet!!! Can't wait to hear your thoughts about the car :nod:
werd...

·
, Administrator Emeritus
10,660 Posts
pocketkiller said:
what does WERD mean? and what does ROFL mean? anyway where is this information you promised?
Werd = he agrees
ROFL = rolling on floor laughing

:D

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
Joker said:
Well, how was it Thorn?
Joker - who thinks Thorn is having so much fun, that he is still out driving :thumbsup:
Sorry guys I should have mentioned that I was getting back today :) I only just stepped back in the door, I will write a full review plus post pictures after I have dinner, but be in store for a picture fest, I went snap happy ;) Don't worry I will resize them so they are smaller !

Ok guys I am back , here are my thaughts on a few of the Euro's features!

Handling The car seems to handle extremely well, not only does it hug turns with ease, it gives you a sense that you are always in controll effortlessly! Acceleration is smooth and extremely responsive, so much so that I couldn't believe that the Euro is only a 4 cylinder! Seriously, there were so many times in the past when my previous Honda Civic would struggle, especially going uphill while overtaking... well not anymore, infact I outaccelerated a V6 Commodore uphill with consumate ease while still feeling completely in controll! I now understand what the reviewers mean when they say, 'The Euro talks to you' ! ( I only pushed the Euro up to around 130 K's but it felt smooth and totally effortless!) Some have said that the sporty firm suspension is a little harsh for some... well I found the ride smoother than I was expecting, far smoother than the Civic.. so everything is a plus on that side!

Comfort Well this was just as surprising, normally after a 1 and a half hour drive my legs would ache, my butt would be losing sensation... well I was pleasantly suprised by the Euro, not only did my butt not lose bloodflow, but my 6ft2 inch frame fitted comfortably into the seat with plenty of legroom!

Ergonomics No problems here either, the centre display is easily read, all the functions are clear and easy to react to under driving conditions, and the dash display lights up pretty well ! I had fun with some of the Euro's features, I used Cruise Controll, VSA, and the CD-Stacker which I will get to next !

Audio System I absolutely love the CD-Stacker! This is the first car I have owned with a indash CD-Stacker, so you can imagine the fun I had loading 6 CD's of my favourite tunes up and just riding with it for all the 150k trip ! The sound system itself is great, no real distortion that I detected up to my normall listening volume and the bass response is fantastic !

Quiteness I admit I was a little aprehensive after reading through some of the threads here about squeaks and rattles and the such, well I can safely say that I didn't notice any of these! The car always remained surprisingly quiet, the only noise I could hear is the hum of the tyres on the road, and the accasional burst of the engine under fast acceleration but heck this is far more muffled than any other vehicle I have owned !

I seriously don't have any real issues to report regarding the car's performance and I can safely say that if I had any doubts regarding the Euro's driving performance, handling, or ergonomics, they have all been abolished !

My Fiance is getting quite perturbed at the amount of attention the Euro is recieving, and alot of this time was spent with a camera in hand :D So I will post new pictures of my trip over in the Pictures area :)

·
, Moderator Emeritus
8,663 Posts
:woot: Excellent review!! Glad you love the car :nod:

·
, Administrator Emeritus
10,660 Posts
Great review Thorn! Thank you very much!
I am very happy that your Euro is everything you had hoped it would be, and very happy that you are happy. :thumbsup:
Joker - who goes to check out the pic's :D

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks guys, just telling it the way it is, or is that was? Errr you know what I mean ;) :confused:

·
Registered
134 Posts
I took my Euro Accord Type S 6M on the German Autobahn a few weeks ago :angel: and let me tell you how sweet that was.

you push the 3 gear to 7K rpms and you are at 140KM/H, then onto the 4th and 5th. By the time you hit 6000 rpms on 5th gear you are cruising well over 200KM/H. The max I went was 225KM/H and had to slow down because of traffic and weather. At that speed, you MUST pilot the car - it tends to feel a bit light on the steering wheel so it takes some concentration to keep it all on a straight line. Brakes behave superbly at high speed - keeping the car in a straight line without changes of direction. IMPRESSIVE.

This car definitely will reach its fastest speed in 5th gear and not in 6th.

The acceleration was AWESOME. it is so nice to let loose without fearing for a police radar!

I left quite a few car in the dust accelerating from 190 to 220!

My best car ever.

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Type-S Swiss said:
I took my Euro Accord Type S 6M on the German Autobahn a few weeks ago :angel: and let me tell you how sweet that was.

you push the 3 gear to 7K rpms and you are at 140KM/H, then onto the 4th and 5th. By the time you hit 6000 rpms on 5th gear you are cruising well over 200KM/H. The max I went was 225KM/H and had to slow down because of traffic and weather. At that speed, you MUST pilot the car - it tends to feel a bit light on the steering wheel so it takes some concentration to keep it all on a straight line. Brakes behave superbly at high speed - keeping the car in a straight line without changes of direction. IMPRESSIVE.

The acceleration was AWESOME. it is so nice to let loose without fearing for a police radar!

My best car ever.
We unfortunately don't have an Autobarn here, although there is no speed limit in the Northern Terriritory, hmm maybe I should take my Euro up there? :D I got her up to 160 the other day overtaking, awww man, I couldn't get over the power, seriously she was still accelerating smoothly and quickly up to 160 ! I just flew past these cars like they were standing still, the Euro really does like getting up to the high rev range!

·
whatever
4,377 Posts
Type-S Swiss said:

My best car ever.

great review ! thanks
Now there is speed limit in Switzerland ?

·
whatever
4,377 Posts
thanks for reporting back to us with this excellent review, Thorn.

·
Registered
134 Posts
oh yeah there are speed limits in Switz and automatic radars at just about every corners so speeding in CH is out of question...but on the german autobahn, it is perfectly legal...provided the road conditions allow for higher speed.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts