Acura TSX Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
does anyone here have any experience and/or recommendations regarding these fuel additives???

BTW, I'm not having any issues or anything.....just curious since alot of people on other websites say these additives are good for the car.

·
Donating TSXCLUB Member
880 Posts
techron as fuel system or injector cleaner is okay, i guess without tearing your engine apart, you can't tell if its dirty.. i run a bottle once a year.. i dont see any mpg difference before and after on my tsx

but just saw this on msn today, most are waste of money

Are gas additives worth the money? - Your Money - MSN Living

·
Premium Member
438 Posts
does anyone here have any experience and/or recommendations regarding these fuel additives???

BTW, I'm not having any issues or anything.....just curious since alot of people on other websites say these additives are good for the car.
BG is a good product. I had a lagecy with 100K and the motor started to be loud...drop a can of that and quiet.

·
Live life supercharged!
598 Posts
some people think all of that stuff is snake oil. i think it is helpful. like vegito, i run techron once a year in the spring to get it ready for the summer driving season. techron has long been thought of as the gold standard. ive heard lots of good things about BG too. if you use a bottle of techron once or twice a year, im sure it is beneficial over the long haul. using every 3k miles like it says on the bottle, probably overkill. but everyone is all over the place on their opinions when it comes to this stuff.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts