Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
, Chief SuperModerator, Regional (United States)
1,199 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Set of TEIN Basic coilovers that just came off my car today - had them on approximately 50k miles. Started to ride a bit rough so I'm guessing a rebuild might be due - I called TEIN this week and was quoted $75/shock for the overhaul.

This set was an application for 04+ TL's which I chose due to the slightly higher spring rate up front (671lbs/in vs. 559) and were otherwise the same kit - no problems with fitment whatsoever. Listed drop on TEIN's website is -2.0in. front and -1.6in. rear.

From my personal experience, it has been a very good kit for what it is - a basic kit for everyday driving. Having the height-adjustability was nice but I didn't really tinker with it once I had it dialed in to the height that I wanted.

OEM top hats already installed - will come with the kit.

From TEIN's website:

• Steel Construction
• Twin Tube internal construction
• Larger piston diameter for strut type front and rear (22mm)
• Ride Height adjustable via spring seat
• Powder coated damper body with Zinc coated threaded section
• 1-year Manufacturers Defect Warranty
• Available for Overhaul

Asking $250 obo picked up in the Los Angeles area.

Willing to ship to the continental U.S. for an additional $100 due to the size and weight of the box.

Cash & Paypal accepted.

And here are a few pics of my car sitting on these coils -

At this height, there was still 2 threads left for lowering -

And the height that I ended up rolling on -

·
Bork Bork Bork
3,317 Posts
This is a great deal despite needing a rebuild.

If only someone would post a similar deal on CSs :p

·
1,199 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
They are already spoken for and should be picked up tonight. I'll update this thread if it sells, and if it doesn't, I'll go down the list in the order that people have pm'ed me -

·
1,199 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Buyer backed out and responded to pm's - still have them sitting in the garage - please feel free to make a reasonable offer and take these off my hands!

·
Registered
97 Posts
how harsh is the ride on these compared to when you first got them? im considering these for my 05 TL. the price is pretty nice, even if rebuilding is needed.

PM me a price shipped to 08852

·
1,199 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
how harsh is the ride on these compared to when you first got them? im considering these for my 05 TL. the price is pretty nice, even if rebuilding is needed.

PM me a price shipped to 08852

Ride isn't that bad, to be honest - very tolerable, and I've only noticed it going over big bumps, but that may also be due to my 19' tires (which are wearing out).

I can do $325 shipped to 08852. I have two possible local offers that I'd like to give priority to, but will keep you posted.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Ride isn't that bad, to be honest - very tolerable, and I've only noticed it going over big bumps, but that may also be due to my 19' tires (which are wearing out).

I can do $325 shipped to 08852. I have two possible local offers that I'd like to give priority to, but will keep you posted.
Do they squeak or make noises over bumps? i just got brand new tires so the ride is smooth as silk right now.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts