Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm riding on TEIN basics set to their lowest setting, installs rear camber kit, slunk2 front upper control arm camber kit, and 18 x 8.5 TL aspec wheels..

Bought new tires August 28 2010.. And all my tires are completely smooth..

I have life time alignments with Firestone, and after chatting with a cool representative, the good. News is that they'll be able to get me a whole set of tires for free. But what has me concerned, was that the guy said the alignments by Firestone might be off since the car is lowered...

Does anyone with a similar setup have the adjustments that I should have Firestone tune my car too?

·
Somaek juseyo?
1,291 Posts
They almost always just adjust it to factory limits. That's all they have to go by. But honestly, you get the best tire wear that way.

·
"That's what she said!"
118 Posts
I'm on the lowest setting on the Tein Basics and I have the Ingalls rear camber kit. I have no front camber kit though.

I'm at -1.8 camber in the front and -2.1 camber in the rear. I just make sure the toe and caster are in factory spec and my tires last me a long time. I make sure I rotate my tires often too.

·
Manifest!
316 Posts
How about the Megans?? Are they any good??

·
Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
so updating this story. bad news - my misunderstanding of the warranty replacement guide~~ and it makes sense and I am definitely going to learn on from here on out.

the tread wear on my tires was close to normal - drove a whole 26,000 miles on them. the warranty coverage was 30,000 miles. The person I saw today at discount tire tried to act like he was doing me a favor by giving me $50 for all 4 tires..

Instead i spoke with someone at Firestone, where I have life time alignments. Instantaneously the person I spoke with was far more polite, and willing to help. I went ahead and picked up my original 17s instead of the 18x8.5 A-Specs... for now at least.

I think this is the best route because I am Daily driving this tsx, and my commute to school is a total of 100 miles a day or so. (only 2 days a week), but apparently I do drive a good amount: 26k ~ 1 year.

I still do want to have a super aggressive offset of wheels one day, but i'll have to put that on hold for now.

·
Registered
130 Posts
im running no camber kits on my car slammed... i have like -5 degrees camber in the rear and all my alignment specs are in other then camber and im at like 50% tread maybe more....my tires are cupped but there not bald

·
Registered
616 Posts
Good to hear that there are a couple of people are driving with their Tein Basics set at the lowest setting. I plan to do the same, but have my concerns about ride quality and premature equipment failure. I also have the J-Power rear camber kit (Ingalls replica kit) and no front camber kit. At the current height setting (1/4" of threads remaining from the bottom of the Basics), I was able to have my alignment within OEM spec.

I apologize in advance for the slight off-topic (and possible thread jack), but to reduce another, completely new thread.... Does anyone know whether driving with the Basics set at the lowest setting will cause premature wear on the shock piston, valving, etc. since it at the lowest setting and "beyond" the manufacturer's recommendations? My inkling would be to believe it would. Thanks in advance for any info provide! :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts