Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for a cheap coilover system. I'm only looking to eliminate the wheel and fender gap. I'm not planning on slamming it or anything like that. Also ride quality is way more important to me than performance. The tsx is going to be a dd so I want something with decent quality. Coming from the evo world mostly everyone considered Tein parts crap for the amount of money you spend, horribly matched spring rates to struts and crappy valving for US streets. Wondering if the Basis would be a good street coilover?

On the evo I had something like the F&F type 2's and they were only okay. Got the drop I desired and they performed well enough for me. If the tsx was a toy I'd definitely look into the Tein cst's but don't want to spend that much. I was going to throw on some springs but read it's a no no for the tsx. If there are other coilovers to be on the look out for let me know also.

Thanks

·
From Nissan to Honda
2,170 Posts
This is the thread I was looking to make. I am interested to know as well...coming from an i35 with BC coilovers and polyurethane everything (because that chassis is shit) the ride was terrible lol.

I too want a nice mild drop, especially since I live in NYC. Subscribed to see responses.

·
I </3 NY ROADS
4,046 Posts
I went for a spin in my friends TSX with the HT spec FF type 1 and they ride very nice. Streets we went on were crap and suspension responded very well to the bumps. His drop is mild tuck all around. I plan on giving them a shot.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
^ read it already. Very informative review and gorgeous car but I'm specifically talking about the type 1's. I also had 32 way adjustment on the evo but I set them and forgot about them. I can almost guarantee that's what I am going to do again if I gt adjustable dampening.

So I want to know if the type 1's are set up properly from the get. If they lean more towards a firm good handling ride or a softer more forgiving ride. I'm obviously looking for the latter. Even if it feels stocklike I'd be happy. I'm not taking any corners hard, autox
or any hpde.

Thanks.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts