Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
TSX of the Month Winner
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
here are some pics of the tein type flex coil overs on my tsx. this suspension rides great . i still have to play with it . its only been on my car for a month now.

Attachments

·
, Administrator Emeritus
2,496 Posts
looks sweet!! Are you the first person to get the Tien Set up? How is it on pot holes do you feel everything or is it close to stock feeling?

·
TSX of the Month Winner
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
potholes no problem the wheels i am more worried about with potholes. right now i am playing with the suspension until i dial it in the way i like it. i like this suspension because you can adjust it so may ways. i am trying to get it stiffer then stock i like it to be that way.

·
TSX of the Month Winner
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
oh also yes i was the first to have the tein set up i took my car to them and they did some measurements. i waited almost two months to get them , they shipped from japan. call brain at tein (562)861-9161 for more info on avalbility.

·
TSX of the Month Winner
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
i dont know if TEIN has a dealer in canada. but their web site is at www.tein.com they have a dealer locater on the site. or tein's phone number is (562)861-9161 you can talk to BRAIN over there. also the one i have is the TYPE FLEX part number is DSA42-61SS1. TEIN'S list price on this kit is $1480. US.

·
TSX of the Month Winner
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
i havent lowered it all the way down but when i put them on i had it set at 1.75in down on the front and 1.3in in the back . one thing about this kit is that you can lower the vehicle without changing the spring rate. its full lenght adjustable which means the spring you can make it really stiff and lower it all the way down. i know it can go down lower then 3in. but i wouldn't drive it that low.

·
TSX of the Month Winner
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
you dont know how bad i am waiting for that . no i havent dynod it yet INJEN has been busy so hopefuly next week . i will post the dyno results asap.

·
TSX and Camaro SS Owner
282 Posts
If im not mistaking, I think this coilover set is gonna run about $1300....I remember running across a website but my dumb behind forgot to save it grrrr...I shall post it later

·
TSX of the Month Winner
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
i got the $1480 off tein 's web site . the product lists at $1480 but i am sure you can get it lower then that price. you think anyone would want to do a group buy on this kit?

·
Registered
42 Posts
PROJECTSX said:
potholes no problem the wheels i am more worried about with potholes. right now i am playing with the suspension until i dial it in the way i like it. i like this suspension because you can adjust it so may ways. i am trying to get it stiffer then stock i like it to be that way.
Those Teins look great...
Are you saying that the Teins can be adjusted from SOFTER than stock to STIFFER than stock???
I always thought that these aftermarket suspensions were usually much stiffer than stock...
My TSX is the same color as yours... great choice...

1 - 20 of 25 Posts