Acura TSX Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
VBP CREW
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Before i go ripping apart the rear suspension again...

I have the s-techs on my cu2... Front slammed on top of tire like its supose to be but the rears seem to still sit about stock height!

I read a few forums where the rear springs need to be upside down ( tein letters upside down ) on some models and wondering if its true for our models...

Its been over 2000 miles and it hasent changed... I dont think i did anything else wrong but just wondering if some one has some pictures of the rears installed just so i can confirm im not a complete retard...

Ive been waiting weeks for tein to call/email me back and its been driving me batshit crazy with tsx having a "raked" stance...

·
VBP CREW
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Damn... Thought someone would have installed these before me....

·
Registered
550 Posts
i have seen writeups on other forums about the tein SS on the CU2......

i havent seen anyone else with a problem.

·
VBP CREW
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i have seen writeups on other forums about the tein ss on the cu2......

I havent seen anyone else with a problem.
you have the h techs right?

Did you install them with the tightly wound coils on top or bottom?

Are the words upright or upside down

·
Registered
1,666 Posts
I have a few pics of before and after on my build page. Just search jvillefinest build thread. It should come up.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
VBP CREW
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I rememebr your build thread and like all the others i have seen ( even on azine ) no picture of the damn spring on the strut...

I have time this weekend so i am going to flip them and see what happens...

Who knows i probably didnt "seat" it correctly or something stupid

·
Registered
1,666 Posts
Sorry didn't see this thread come back up. I gotta lift the car tomorrow, ill check and let ya know.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
1,666 Posts

·
VBP CREW
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
did you ever get this corrected???
no... For some reason the rear just didnt settle like i wanted it to.

Im either going to have to pony up for some coils or but the adjustable koni struts with the loweing notches...

A little upset at the teins ;-(

·
My car whines
637 Posts
stupid question but did you possibly get the front and rear springs mixed up? i did a quick google search and it seems like many people who have tein springs accidentally install the rear springs in the front and vise versa. don't know if that's actually possible on the tsx but that could be the case

·
Registered
292 Posts
I know it's a first gen, but it might help.
I put my S Techs on (with stock struts) two weeks ago.
The drop is what they say it is, a smaller drop on the back. Still no way near stock though.
The drop has been just under 2 inches front and 1 1/2 rear. It does give the car a slightly raked look though.
The claimed drop is the same for both gens on S Techs on standard shocks.

Before (and before the wheel paint)

After

·
Registered
6 Posts
I know it's a first gen, but it might help.
I put my S Techs on (with stock struts) two weeks ago.
The drop is what they say it is, a smaller drop on the back. Still no way near stock though.
The drop has been just under 2 inches front and 1 1/2 rear. It does give the car a slightly raked look though.
The claimed drop is the same for both gens on S Techs on standard shocks.

Before (and before the wheel paint)

After

What size rims and tires. What suspension? Just got 18x8 38 offset with 235/40/17. Just want to know how low can I drop without having any problem. I have 3 finger gap

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.